    i have a michael myers fourth edition is that aneauf or should i read
    another if so what else?
    ==============

    mccormickkm, Aug 15, 2004

  2. mccormickkm

    graham Guest

    mccormickkm wrote:

    > i'm in my second year of geting my associates in networking i'm
    > interested in the A+ certification what books should i study to
    > prepare me for the exam to be certified.
    > i have a michael myers fourth edition is that aneauf or should i read
    > another if so what else?
    > ==============
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    go for the 5th edition of the Mike Myers book, it covers a lot of the
    newer stuff, including XP, wireless, touch pads etc.. Well worth the
    money, it sure helped me, I had the 4th edition, and felt it wasn't
    helping me with all the latest developments.
    Graham A+

    graham, Aug 15, 2004

  3. mccormickkm

    mccormickkm Guest

    thanks sincerely mccormickkm

    p.s.- Is the michael myers fifth edition all i need or should i study
    other books to help out with preparing for the certification what do
    you recommend?
    ==============

    mccormickkm, Aug 16, 2004
  4. mccormickkm

    bobG Guest

    -spam.invalid (mccormickkm) wrote in message news:<41202b3e$>...
    > thanks sincerely mccormickkm
    >
    > p.s.- Is the michael myers fifth edition all i need or should i study
    > other books to help out with preparing for the certification what do
    > you recommend?
    > ==============
    > For this group's frequently asked questions, check out www.CertFAQ.com

    I agree with Graham-

    Get the 5th ed. Another good book for review is Meyers' Passport
    series A+ 2nd ed.

    Use the practice tests which come with the books. Another thing is
    that you can get a bundle from www.totalsem.com which has 2 exam
    vouchers and 1100 practice questions for less than the full price cost
    of the 2 exams ~$200. Full price for each exam is $145. Don't pay full
    price, whatever you decide. There are plenty of sites willing to sell
    vouchers for either of the 2 test companies,Thomson/Prometric and
    Pearson/Vue.

    I also used http://www.freecomptia.com for practice tests, although I
    found some factual errors in their questions. I also used the Exam
    Cram2 book and their CD ROM practice test engine - some of it was
    better detailed than Meyers', but again, some of it was poorly edited
    and somewhat factually incorrect; their errata page was not up to
    date. Meyers' errata is updated, and they respond to your questions.

    http://www.techexams.net/cotechnotes.shtml is another good resource.

    The more broad based your data, the better off you are, IMHO.

    YMMV,

    Bob

    bobG, Aug 17, 2004