    Do you know any good books for the A+?

    Thank you,
    James

    james, Oct 8, 2004

  2. James, the A+ exams are very easy.
    If you can use a spellchecker, then you can easily pass it.
    If you don't know the basics, then take a course.
    If you know the basics, then read up and take the tests.

    I have my A+ certification among many other certifications.

    A+ has to be the easiest one of them all. Even if you need an A to pass :)

    Oh, and just so you know, it doesn't really qualify you to be a PC
    technician.
    But many employers insist upon it, so it's worth having. It's supposed to be
    equivolent to what you'd learn on the job in 3 months, with absolutely no
    knowledge of PC's. But I also know people who have failed it. So if you want
    it. Prepare yourself.

    It is only worthwhile taking a course, if you pass the exam. The Exam is
    about $125 USD or so. How much is the course?
    I am sure there is a Que book on it. There are even simulations to help you
    prepare for the exam.

    You can find out exactly what you need to know by visiting COMPTIA's
    website. That is the Computer Technology Industry Association, the ones who
    make and give the test. Okay well agents give the test, agents like
    Prometrics, etc. But they are the organization giving the certification.
    They tell you what you need to know to pass. They tell you the weights of
    each section, so you know what to concentrate upon to ensure a pass. Then
    you know exactly what you need to study up on.

    Good luck!

    Defender fo Enormous Manhood, Oct 8, 2004

  3. hey dude, i am in edmonton, I learned from mike myers book, that is all you
    need, you need to study hard, depending on experience, but don't spend $1500
    on an A+ course

    Fred Mathering, Oct 10, 2004