    Well I got the a+ certificate in the mail, and the a+ card. Man i must say
    the certificate is ugly, the the card is paper thin. A week in my wallet
    and it will be toast.

    Jamco, Jan 14, 2005

  2. Jamco

    Thumper Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:38:41 GMT, "Jamco" <> wrote:

    >Well I got the a+ certificate in the mail, and the a+ card. Man i must say
    >the certificate is ugly, the the card is paper thin. A week in my wallet
    >and it will be toast.

    Laminate it if you really want to carry it. I don't know what you
    would ever need it for.
    Thumper

    To reply drop XYZ in address

    Thumper, Jan 14, 2005

  3. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:20:56 -0500, Thumper <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:38:41 GMT, "Jamco" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Well I got the a+ certificate in the mail, and the a+ card. Man i must say
    >>the certificate is ugly, the the card is paper thin. A week in my wallet
    >>and it will be toast.
    >>

    >Laminate it if you really want to carry it. I don't know what you
    >would ever need it for.
    >Thumper
    >
    >To reply drop XYZ in address

    I think it at least used to be against their policy to laminate the
    card. I don't know about now, though, and I may not even be correct
    about this.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jan 14, 2005
  4. Jamco

    Kenny Guest

    What card are you talking about? All I got was a certificate when I passed
    in 2003.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jan 15, 2005
  5. "Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message

    > I think it at least used to be against their policy to laminate the
    > card. I don't know about now, though, and I may not even be correct
    > about this.

    I laminated mine. I'd love to see CompTIA try and invalidate somebody's A+
    certification based on a policy as dumb as that one.

    But the OP is right. For $200, it's a pretty shitty certificate. With
    everything electronic these days, it probably doesn't matter whether your
    lose the physical "documents"...as long as you know your CompTIA ID and
    such.

    Patrick Michael, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Jamco

    Thumper Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:58:12 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:20:56 -0500, Thumper <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:38:41 GMT, "Jamco" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well I got the a+ certificate in the mail, and the a+ card. Man i must say
    >>>the certificate is ugly, the the card is paper thin. A week in my wallet
    >>>and it will be toast.
    >>>

    >>Laminate it if you really want to carry it. I don't know what you
    >>would ever need it for.
    >>Thumper
    >>
    >>To reply drop XYZ in address

    >I think it at least used to be against their policy to laminate the
    >card. I don't know about now, though, and I may not even be correct
    >about this.
    >
    >Tom

    Could be but they don't deserve to have a policy over that piece of
    crap they issue.
    Thumper
    To reply drop XYZ in address

    Thumper, Jan 15, 2005
  7. On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 15:19:19 -0500, Thumper <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:58:12 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:20:56 -0500, Thumper <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Laminate it if you really want to carry it. I don't know what you
    >>>would ever need it for.
    >>>Thumper
    >>>
    >>>To reply drop XYZ in address

    >>I think it at least used to be against their policy to laminate the
    >>card. I don't know about now, though, and I may not even be correct
    >>about this.
    >>
    >>Tom

    >Could be but they don't deserve to have a policy over that piece of
    >crap they issue.

    Brainbench certficates are pretty nice... :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jan 16, 2005