A Brand New Year and Blank DVD Media Prices Are Dropping

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by MDD, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. MDD

    MDD Guest

    MDD, Jan 2, 2004

  2. MDD

    Nero Wolfe Guest

    Nero Wolfe, Jan 3, 2004

  3. MDD

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jan 3, 2004
  4. MDD

    jj Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:09:38 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    <nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:47:59 GMT, "MDD" <> wrote:
    >
    >>DVD+R as low as 75 Cents Each.
    >>DVD-R as low as 57 Cents Each.
    >>

    >>Also Free Shipping Available, Check It out...
    >>
    >>http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/meritlne/t.asp?id=1086&p=clink?meritline AwUqxH media.html

    >All I get is "Unable To Display".

    Its a US site. Dumb yank thinks aus.dvd news group is a US news group
    for Austin Texus.

    jj, Jan 3, 2004
  5. MDD

    Ad Guest

    Ad, Jan 3, 2004
  6. MDD

    Rod Speed Guest

    Rod Speed, Jan 3, 2004
  7. MDD

    Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:47:59 GMT, "MDD" <> wrote:

    >DVD+R as low as 75 Cents Each.
    >DVD-R as low as 57 Cents Each.
    >

    >Also Free Shipping Available, Check It out...
    >
    >http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/meritlne/t.asp?id=1086&p=clink?meritline AwUqxH media.html

    ------------------------------

    I don't get it. The prices and shipping charges through this meritline
    affiliate 'portal' are exactly the same as going directly to
    www.meritline.com. What's the incentive for the customer (me) to go
    through an affiliate site when there's no savings?

    Can someone explain this to me?

    (Remove mypants to reply by email)

    , Jan 3, 2004
  8. MDD

    Nero Wolfe Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:36:33 GMT, jj <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:09:38 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    ><nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:47:59 GMT, "MDD" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>DVD+R as low as 75 Cents Each.
    >>>DVD-R as low as 57 Cents Each.
    >>>

    >>>Also Free Shipping Available, Check It out...
    >>>
    >>>http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/meritlne/t.asp?id=1086&p=clink?meritline AwUqxH media.html

    >>All I get is "Unable To Display".

    >Its a US site. Dumb yank thinks aus.dvd news group is a US news group
    >for Austin Texus.

    I don't know what bug you got up your ass, but I used the URL in my
    browser and got a reply unable to display. That has nothing to do with
    Austin, Texas, or my being a dumb yank. You are a piece of shit!

    Nero Wolfe, Jan 4, 2004
  9. MDD

    Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:21:44 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    <nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:36:33 GMT, jj <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:09:38 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    >><nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:

    >>>All I get is "Unable To Display".

    >>Its a US site. Dumb yank thinks aus.dvd news group is a US news group
    >>for Austin Texus.

    >I don't know what bug you got up your ass, but I used the URL in my
    >browser and got a reply unable to display. That has nothing to do with
    >Austin, Texas, or my being a dumb yank. You are a piece of shit!

    I believe you mean he is dingo dung.

    , Jan 4, 2004
  10. MDD

    Guest

    On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:21:44 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    <nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:36:33 GMT, jj <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:09:38 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    >><nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:

    >>>All I get is "Unable To Display".

    >>Its a US site. Dumb yank thinks aus.dvd news group is a US news group
    >>for Austin Texus.

    >I don't know what bug you got up your ass, but I used the URL in my
    >browser and got a reply unable to display. That has nothing to do with
    >Austin, Texas, or my being a dumb yank. You are a piece of shit!

    , Jan 4, 2004
  11. MDD

    jj Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 00:45:06 -0500, wrote:

    >On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 18:21:44 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    ><nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 08:36:33 GMT, jj <> wrote:

    >>>Its a US site. Dumb yank thinks aus.dvd news group is a US news group
    >>>for Austin Texus.

    >I don't know what bug you got up your ass, but I used the URL in my
    >browser and got a reply unable to display. That has nothing to do with
    >Austin, Texas, or my being a dumb yank. You are a piece of shit!

    Posting in aus.dvd and aus.computers news groups which are Aussie news
    groups not yanky news groups.

    Doh!!!!

    jj, Jan 4, 2004
  12. MDD

    Nero Wolfe Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:03:18 GMT, jj <> wrote:

    >Posting in aus.dvd and aus.computers news groups which are Aussie news
    >groups not yanky news groups.
    >
    >Doh!!!!

    Then your vitriol is for the poster of the first message in this
    thread, since all I did was reply to him. But your reaction is a
    little overboard even for the wrongs you imagine.

    Nero Wolfe, Jan 5, 2004
  13. MDD

    jj Guest

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:37:43 -0600, Nero Wolfe
    <nero_wolfe@rex_stout.com> wrote:

    >On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 17:03:18 GMT, jj <> wrote:
    >

    >>Posting in aus.dvd and aus.computers news groups which are Aussie news
    >>groups not yanky news groups.
    >>
    >>Doh!!!!

    >Then your vitriol is for the poster of the first message in this
    >thread, since all I did was reply to him. But your reaction is a
    >little overboard even for the wrongs you imagine.

    Americans think they own the world.
    aus.dvd and aus.computers are for Australian news groups not for
    Austin Texus news groups.

    The same thing happens all the time in wa.ads.forsale where stupid
    yanks think its a Washington State news group and it also happens in
    wa.general and some other wa news groups.

    Every day I see yanky posts in the aus. news groups and I'm getting
    sick of it. They post claiming a good price. I go to the site and find
    its a yanky web site and they only sell inside their own country.

    jj, Jan 5, 2004
  14. MDD

    Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 07:43:12 GMT, jj <> wrote:

    >Americans think they own the world.

    They do own the world Chico and everything in it.

    , Jan 5, 2004
  15. MDD

    Robin Banks Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 07:43:12 GMT, jj <> wrote:

    > Americans think they own the world.

    Some do. Some don't. Same can be said for many countries with "national
    pride" and the like.

    > aus.dvd and aus.computers are for Australian news groups not for
    > Austin Texus news groups.

    Then make sure it doesn't propagate beyond Australia, otherwise it's open to
    all. That's the nature of Usenet. A lot of .nl folks have crapped all over
    the MP3 groups with their FTD program, but Usenet is international, so
    there's little that can be done. Unfortunately for the good posters from NL,
    they get lumped in with the AOL-mentality of many of the other NL posters.

    I've travelled the world, working for many major rock bands. (I don't say
    that to impress... no one should be, it was just my job) Because of this, I
    have a more "world view" than most Americans, since the majority of Americans
    don't leave the country, many never leave their own states. (That's always
    amazed me! How boring!) I'm thankful when I'm in another country and they
    speak MY language to me. I should have learned theirs (and I try to learn
    some), but I consider it a great favor that they try to make ME comfortable
    in their country. (Except those in Paris... they're pricks to *everyone*.)
    I know what pompous asses many of us can be. We're a loud, boisterous
    country. Heck, we were concieved by a bunch of malcontents and rabble
    rousers, what can you expect? We do a lot of bad, but we do a lot of good
    too, or at least try to.

    That said, however, take a look at your attitude here. It's getting just as
    pompous as those you rail against. Besides, was all this worth it just
    because of one simple posting from someone selling something? Haven't you
    learned to ignore spam?

    > Every day I see yanky posts in the aus. news groups and I'm getting
    > sick of it.

    Turn off your computer, use filters, whatever. The internet/usenet is a
    world-wide tool. We (everyone) has to learn to accept that. It can be a
    pain in the ass sometimes, but that's how it goes.

    Ok, now I have to return this soap box to the guy I borrowed it from.
    <laugh>

    ~~R.Banks

    Robin Banks, Jan 14, 2004