    and aims to cover hardware, operating systems, networking and applications
    software. In comparison to an MCSE, it covers much more ground but to less
    depth. Some employers regard the A+ as a bit too easy!

    Pete, Jul 8, 2003

  2. The certification information on that web page is over a year out of date.

    And no one has said that you should stop getting certifications after the
    A+. I'm using the CompTIA exams to start a course of study into computer
    security. Eventually, I'll end up with not only the "more respected certs,"
    but also the field experience.

    James D. Murray, Jul 27, 2003