    chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
    what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
    McG.
    McG., Feb 1, 2007

  2. I didn't re-install my Vista with the new machine, so cannot say - but it
    seems you are right, only released Vista nForce drivers I can see are for
    NF3.

    Perhaps you should check with your MB site? But my experience with nVidias
    Beta drivers are rather good, I should say!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 1, 2007

  3. McG.

    McG. Guest

    Same here with their beta drivers Tony. I just thought this one was
    really weird, as nVidia does have Vista x64 GeForce drivers. They do
    not have a 64 bit WDM VIVO driver though, anywhere :( Nor do eVGA which
    brand my vid cards are. Grrr. I'll check Gigabytes site for my mobo.
    Thanks.
    McG.

    McG., Feb 1, 2007
  4. As NF3 is out, my guess is that most of the rest are - more or less - all on
    the door-step! I think that over-all nVidia has been quite speedy with their
    'fringe' support, as for the VIVO 'thing', I have not the dimmest shape
    appearing in my crystal bowl - the concept is completely unknown here in
    Scandinavia. Your manufacturer will be writing their drivers based on the
    'Reference drivers from nVidia. A wild guess is that someone will be having
    VIVO support, and nVidia (+other's) should be seeing that as competition and
    get active in pissing off their territory?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 1, 2007
  5. McG.

    McG. Guest

    Basically, nForce3 (AMD) is non SLI. Seems Vista drivers are having
    troubles with SLI at the moment. Vista is launched, but hardware
    support seems about where XP x64 was a year and a half ago. From where
    I'm looking for things, that is. nVidia has VIVO WDM drivers for 32
    bit. eVGA has reference drivers and are a little behind nVidias site.
    Perhaps hardware support will accelerate, being as Vista is the new
    mainstream OS. The Big Hitter :)

    The new 8800 series don't seem to have VIVO ports. "they" skated by on
    that vivo one, they did.
    With a new series GPU out, and a completely different reference board,
    don't expect backward support.

    McG., Feb 1, 2007
  6. RE: A bit stumped here. Vista (64) NForce4 SLI mobo chipset drivers,

    McG:
    Vista x64 has its own drivers for NForce4 SLI motherboards (including RAID).
    SLI support is up to the graphic card driver, which is now only available
    for the 8800 series.
    So, you will not need motherboard chipset specific drivers for installing
    Vista x64 (as of rc2).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Feb 1, 2007
  7. McG.

    McG. Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > McG:
    > Vista x64 has its own drivers for NForce4 SLI motherboards (including
    > RAID).
    > SLI support is up to the graphic card driver, which is now only
    > available
    > for the 8800 series.
    > So, you will not need motherboard chipset specific drivers for
    > installing
    > Vista x64 (as of rc2).
    > Carlos
    >
    > "McG." wrote:
    >
    >> Looking all through nVidias site, the best I've come up with is a
    >> .inf
    >> chipset driver in the Beta section for RC1 dated September. Is this
    >> what everyone with NForce4 SLI boards are using for Vista x64?
    >> McG.

    Wow, cool! Thanks :)
    McG.
    McG., Feb 1, 2007