    thinking of A+,MCDST,MCSA I am looking to start as an entry level IT then
    after would work towards networking. The problem i have no IT experinece and
    i think of going to one of those bootcamp. any idea anyone
    =?Utf-8?B?UmFnZ29vaQ==?=, Nov 12, 2005

  2. I would suggest to first do some self-study for the A+. If you can, get
    into an intern role, helpdesk 1st tier role, or something similar. This
    will help you get some hands-on experience. If you don't have a degree, but
    have the chance to go to college, you may want to do that.

    http://bobchristian.blogspot.com/2005/08/nefarious-bootcamp-question.html

    --
    Bob Christian II
    MVP - LCS

    Bob Christian, Nov 13, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UmFnZ29vaQ==?=

    EggHead Guest

    Bob is right,
    If you do not have a degree or diploma from any college or know no one in IT
    field, it is almost impossible you can get in the field with those cert. Of
    course, it also depends upon the IT pro. unemployment rate in your area.
    Anyway, most of the bootcamps are for people with exp.
    Also, you need to know why do you want to go into the IT field. The $ is not
    as good as you think, and it always has long working hrs.
    cheers,
    Egghead

    EggHead, Nov 14, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?UmFnZ29vaQ==?=

    Guest

    I would say A+ and then Network+ would give you a solid grounding and
    understanding of the basic principals you need for starting out in IT.
    You could then move onto the MCDST which covers useful helpdesk / first
    line support skills. After that you can substitue the MCDST for an
    elective in the MCSA track if you wish which provides you with a good
    route to start from.

    Hope that helps.
    , Nov 15, 2005