    Thanks,

    jack
    http://windsurf_2.tripod.com
    Jack Barrett, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Jack Barrett

    Slammer Guest

    Depends on your experience, no experience you better start with A+ to Net+
    and then CCNA.

    --
    Slammer
    MCSA, CNA, Server+, Net+, iNet+, A+

    Slammer, Dec 30, 2003

  3. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    Hey Slammer,

    Thanks for the advice!
    Why Net+ ?
    Do you live in Florida?
    Noticed your email is Adelphia.

    Thanks,

    jack

    Jack Barrett, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Jack Barrett

    Slammer Guest

    Up in Virginia....like JBS says, you really need to pickup the basics of
    networking with Net+ unless you have alot of prior experience.

    Slammer, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    Thanks for all the great suggestions!
    A+ then I will get Net+ =0)

    Happy New Year,

    jack
    http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

    Jack Barrett, Dec 30, 2003
  6. On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 03:56:01 GMT, "Slammer" <>
    wrote:

    >Depends on your experience, no experience you better start with A+ to Net+
    >and then CCNA.

    I've never really understood the idea of the "progression" from A+ to
    Net+. There isn't much overlap, and not much real natural progression
    either. Someone could become quite proficient at networking without
    really knowing much about what's inside the box, couldn't they?
    Whether it is a good idea may be another story...just tossing out an
    idea.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Dec 30, 2003
  7. Jack Barrett

    Slammer Guest

    I think if your a good network tech you need to have some understanding of
    the hardware side of the business, also I was making reference to experience
    level of the user. I learned all my network stuff before taking A+, but I
    also had years of experience fooling around with hardware. I've seen
    network admins that when handed memory modules for CPQ Proliant servers
    freak out on trying to install them.

    --
    Slammer
    MCSA, CNA, Server+, Net+, iNet+, A+

    Slammer, Dec 30, 2003
  8. Jack Barrett

    Slammer Guest

    Tom, also if Jack is going to shoot for CCNA, he will be working with
    hardware being CCNA is on the infrastructure side of this business.

    Slammer, Dec 30, 2003
  9. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    Hi All,

    You are making me think more about what I should get next!
    A+ looks like a natural progression to Net+.
    I have glanced at the CCNA for Dummies book and it appears a little
    intimidating to me even with some box building experience.
    I have created my own home network(NIC Cards, Crossover Cables, Peripherals,
    RAM Modules, Hard Drives, Burners, etc)
    So now I am more confused but excited than before =0)
    I like that it's ALL a learning process and should help no matter what!

    Happy New Year,

    Jack Barrett
    http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

    Jack Barrett, Dec 30, 2003
  10. Jack Barrett

    Slammer Guest

    Jack....I think you will find Mike Meyers books sufficient study guides for
    A+ and Net+...the CCNA I would look at Cisco Press and Sybex. The dummies
    books in my opinion are not detailed enough....Best of Luck.

    Slammer, Dec 30, 2003