A bad 70-216 book?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by James, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    I've been using the sybex study guide, and one of the red exam cram books.
    With both these I was doing Ok. I then got the Exam Prep Windows 2000
    Network book for this exam and it's all gone wrong!
    I'm finding the practice questions very badly written - often the
    questions/answers/both are very vague and make assumptions so Im getting a
    lot wrong. In addition, it seems to ask a lot of questions on non-network
    stuff, like creating a batch file to detect what version of Windows you
    have, and how to fix a mouse that stops responding through a switchbox?!
    Will the exam cover this kind of stuff - really?!
    For instance, one question (shortened version!) said there are 4 file
    servers, \\research\projects1, then 2, 3, and 4 as well. Requirement is to
    add all 4 to a DFS tree, optional requirements is to permit any authorised
    user to access stuff on any of the four servers, also to provide redundancy,
    and to use the closest, then next available and so on when accessing them.
    The solution they give simply says "Add the DFS Snapin to the MMC, add one
    share called \\research\projects to the tree".
    Thats it, so I think to myself - well, they added a new share but didn't
    link it to the original 4 servers in any way, so I'll say answer d, it
    doesn't satisfy any requirement. They say the answer is A, it satisfies all
    requirements! Aargh!

    so, anyone else tried this book and found it bad, or is it me?!
    James

    James, Jun 22, 2004

  2. James

    Guest Guest

    poor boy, go tell your mumy and have a cry

    Guest, Jun 22, 2004