A+ and Network+

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Tim, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hello everybody,

    I think that I need your help to understand will I need A+ and Network+
    certification if I`m going to take MCDST exams? Will I need them if I`ll
    pass MCDST?

    I have BA in Information Technologies and I used to work in IT support for
    5+ years. The only problem is that, that it was 3 years ago, I had to leave
    this possition due to immigration... I had to leave my country, because of
    lack of English language I had to gave up with proffesion. Now I want to get
    back into the game, at least I want to try. I decided to take MCDST ... I`m
    just not sure do I need A+ and Network+ certifications, will it make any
    difference in my CV if I will have MCDST?

    I understand thatmy question probably sounds silly, but I really don't know
    much about certifications.

    Thanks in advance

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 30, 2005

  2. Tim

    Dave Guest

    "Tim" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody,
    >
    > I think that I need your help to understand will I need A+ and Network+
    > certification if I`m going to take MCDST exams? Will I need them if I`ll
    > pass MCDST?
    >
    > I have BA in Information Technologies and I used to work in IT support for
    > 5+ years. The only problem is that, that it was 3 years ago, I had to
    > leave this possition due to immigration... I had to leave my country,
    > because of lack of English language I had to gave up with proffesion. Now
    > I want to get back into the game, at least I want to try. I decided to
    > take MCDST ... I`m just not sure do I need A+ and Network+ certifications,
    > will it make any difference in my CV if I will have MCDST?

    Tim,
    While the A+ and Network+ would form good background knowledge, they are not
    a prerequisite for taking the MCDST exams. The MCDST covers a different
    area to those covered by the A+ and Network+.
    Check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.asp in
    particular, the free online training on
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcdst/

    Dave.

    Dave, Mar 30, 2005

  3. Tim

    Rome Guest

    I recommend the 70-270 Sybex book for you & anyone planning on attaining the
    MCDST cert. This will give you most of the knowledge you need to support the
    XP operating system, and of course
    http://sybex.com/sybexbooks.nsf/2604971535a28b098825693d0053081b/8f2af25caf8fcde988256e51006759a1!OpenDocument&Highlight=0,70-271
    to help fill in the blank spots. While A+ and N+ and not prerequisites for
    the cert, its a good idea to have them especially the A+ if your planning on
    becoming a PC Tech.

    Rome, Apr 22, 2005