    70-210 and 70-215, (?) will this mean that I have only one (70-218) core exam
    before I'm an MCSA? Secondly, where do I go online (or call on the telephone)
    to update MS with my CompTia credentials? Any information will be helpful.

    Soupsplatterer, Feb 24, 2005

  2. Soupsplatterer

    lowdes Guest

    http://www.comptia.org/certification/related/ms_signup_form.aspx

    lowdes, Feb 24, 2005

  3. Thank you sir. You are both wise and kind.

    Soupsplatterer, Feb 25, 2005
  4. I've got a follow up question. It looks as if the Comptia A+ and N+ elective
    option does not follow through when obtaining an MCSE. Is this true?

    Soupsplatterer, Feb 25, 2005
  5. Soupsplatterer

    lowdes Guest

    I have my MCSA and it does follow thru!

    lowdes, Feb 25, 2005
  6. Soupsplatterer

    James Guest

    it does not follow through, you'll have to write the security plus test,
    instead

    James, Feb 25, 2005
  7. Soupsplatterer

    cbair Guest

    Incorrect...A+ and Net+ are the equivalant of 1 elective on the MCSA/MCSA
    track. Please check on line and Microsoft or CompTia can verify this for you.

    cbair, Feb 25, 2005
  8. Soupsplatterer

    James Guest

    incorrect

    Microsoft accepts the combination of CompTIA A+ with either CompTIA
    Network+ or CompTIA Server+ as an elective for the Microsoft Certified
    System Administrator (MCSA) certification program. In addition, Microsoft
    accepts CompTIA Security+ as an elective for both the MCSA and the Microsoft
    Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications, and as a specialization
    option for the MCSA: Security and MCSE: Security certifications.

    As an alternative to the electives listed above, these third-party
    certifications or certification combinations may substitute for an MCSE
    elective:

    CompTIA Exams Courses Books
    CompTIA Security+7

    Just security+ for MCSE, a+ and N+ are only good for MCSA.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp

    James, Feb 25, 2005
  9. Soupsplatterer

    Guest Guest

    Yes, You will only have 70-218 to get MCSA. If you go to
    comptia.org click on certification and related
    certifications there is a section where you can enter
    your MCP# and Comptia will forward your transcript to
    Microsoft.

    Guest, Feb 26, 2005