  1. StaLaG

    StaLaG Guest

    Is there a program similar to EE. Or something better ??
    StaLaG, Dec 14, 2006

  2. StaLaG

    Admins Guest

    On 14 Dec 2006 19:31:39 GMT, StaLaG wrote:

    > Is there a program similar to EE. Or something better ??

    Webroots windows washer combined with the free eraser program should do it.
    I've got a free window washer program up along with the forementioned
    programs in our software section,

    Regards,
    --
    Admin

    * www.privacyoffshore.net (No Logs Internet Surfing)
    * Anonymous Secure Offshore SSH-2 Surfing Tunnels
    Admins, Dec 14, 2006

  3. StaLaG

    StaLaG Guest

    Admins <> wrote in

    > On 14 Dec 2006 19:31:39 GMT, StaLaG wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a program similar to EE. Or something better ??

    > Webroots windows washer combined with the free eraser program should
    > do it. I've got a free window washer program up along with the
    > forementioned programs in our software section,
    >
    > Regards,

    i went to your web site (in your signature).
    good softwares. i'm trying some.

    thanks for your support.
    StaLaG, Dec 14, 2006
  4. StaLaG wrote:

    > Is there a program similar to EE.

    Yes, crapware exists all over the place.

    > Or something better ??

    Everything is better. What about some serious software which actually does
    the job?
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Dec 14, 2006
  5. StaLaG

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:57:48 +0100, Sebastian Gottschalk
    <> wrote:

    >StaLaG wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a program similar to EE.

    >Yes, crapware exists all over the place.
    >
    >> Or something better ??

    >Everything is better. What about some serious software which actually does
    >the job?

    I haven't seen those awful advertisments for EE for a long time
    and assume the curry house caught fire and destroyed the scumbags
    marketing it.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Dec 14, 2006
  6. StaLaG

    Admins Guest

    On 14 Dec 2006 20:47:51 GMT, StaLaG wrote:

    > Admins <> wrote in
    >
    >> On 14 Dec 2006 19:31:39 GMT, StaLaG wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a program similar to EE. Or something better ??

    >> Webroots windows washer combined with the free eraser program should
    >> do it. I've got a free window washer program up along with the
    >> forementioned programs in our software section,
    >>
    >> Regards,

    > i went to your web site (in your signature).
    > good softwares. i'm trying some.
    >
    > thanks for your support.

    You're welcome, the free eraser program in particular is a high quality
    program that's been around for some time now. It wipes free space along
    with slack space,

    Admins, Dec 15, 2006
  7. Admins wrote:

    > You're welcome, the free eraser program in particular is a high quality
    > program that's been around for some time now. It wipes free space along
    > with slack space,

    but still has certain problems, f.e. cleaning the filesystem journal and
    flushing contents from the cache. That's why SDelete from Sysinternals does
    a little bit better job. After all, both of them are the only serious
    alternatives, since other known tools even don't pay attention to the most
    important details.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Dec 15, 2006
  8. StaLaG

    StaLaG Guest

    Sebastian Gottschalk <> wrote in

    > Admins wrote:
    >
    >> You're welcome, the free eraser program in particular is a high
    >> quality program that's been around for some time now. It wipes free
    >> space along with slack space,

    > but still has certain problems, f.e. cleaning the filesystem journal
    > and flushing contents from the cache. That's why SDelete from
    > Sysinternals does a little bit better job. After all, both of them are
    > the only serious alternatives, since other known tools even don't pay
    > attention to the most important details.

    I tested Webroot Windwos Washer. Do great job for IE environment
    But i'm still looking for some progs that clean Register DB MRU or
    applications logs stored in Windows.

    I test Eraser 5.8 for wiping files. Great one.

    SDelete you said ? It's a command line utilities saw. I will check also.

    Thanks.
    StaLaG, Dec 15, 2006
  9. StaLaG wrote:

    > I tested Webroot Windwos Washer. Do great job for IE environment

    Huh? With IE, you're hosed anyway. And shouldn't the webbrowser normally
    allow to safely handle all its data? Oh wait, it's IE...

    > But i'm still looking for some progs that clean Register DB MRU or
    > applications logs stored in Windows.

    A program for such a trivial job? Why do you even allow the creation of
    such entries if you care? Or why do you allow unencrypted access? Makes no
    sense to me.

    > I test Eraser 5.8 for wiping files. Great one.

    Well, how detailed did you verify it's job? Did you hard switch off the
    system after the deletion process and used raw disk editing tools to check
    out the filesystem journal, the swap file and the MFT? Depending on the
    scenario Eraser will fail some of these tests. That's why I recommended
    SDelete. You can also find a detailed description what issues to account
    for, how to address or work around these.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Dec 15, 2006
  10. StaLaG

    macarro Guest

    > I tested Webroot Windwos Washer. Do great job for IE environment
    > But i'm still looking for some progs that clean Register DB MRU or
    > applications logs stored in Windows.
    >
    > I test Eraser 5.8 for wiping files. Great one.
    >
    > SDelete you said ? It's a command line utilities saw. I will check also.
    >
    > Thanks.

    You may want to consider whole disk encryption as an extra security
    insurance, before anyone looks at your registry they would have to get
    pass the encryption which is considered to be impossible if the software
    has no backdoors and technology implemented correctly, good passphrase a
    must of course.

    It is usually business oriented software so the prices are quite high, I
    personally like PGP http://www.pgp.com, version above 9 is the only one
    that includes whole disk encryption, there is a free trial, then if you
    want it you have to pay around $100

    --
    Mapping the internet 24/7 http://www.netdimes.org
    Join the Anime Fans United Team