  1. zxcv

    zxcv Guest

    What is the deal with these folders?
    zxcv, Apr 28, 2004

  2. zxcv

    The Prophecy Guest

    The Prophecy, Apr 28, 2004

  3. zxcv

    Kenny Guest

    Have you created any web pages using Front Page or similar?

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Apr 28, 2004
  4. zxcv

    zxcv Guest

    "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message
    > zxcv wrote:
    > > What is the deal with these folders?

    > Be a little bit more specific please.
    >
    > Things that would be of use:
    >
    > 1. Where are these folders located?
    >
    > 2. What OS are you using?
    >
    > 3. etc.
    >
    > --
    > Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/post.html
    > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking

    At work, I see them throughout my MS Visual InterDev projects, making it
    very annoying to run Windiffs between projects (something I do very often to
    ensure code copies were successful). These "invisible" folders show all
    kinds of differences between my copied identical files. My work computers
    use NT and Win2000.

    I noticed while running a virus scan on my home ME machine I saw some
    _vti_cnf folders show in the scan. I do not have VID on this machine.
    zxcv, Apr 28, 2004
  5. zxcv

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "zxcv" <> wrote in

    > "The Prophecy" <> wrote in message
    >> zxcv wrote:
    >> > What is the deal with these folders?

    >> Be a little bit more specific please.
    >>
    >> Things that would be of use:
    >>
    >> 1. Where are these folders located?
    >>
    >> 2. What OS are you using?
    >>
    >> 3. etc.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:
    >>
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/post.html
    >> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking
    >>

    > At work, I see them throughout my MS Visual InterDev projects, making
    > it very annoying to run Windiffs between projects (something I do very
    > often to ensure code copies were successful). These "invisible"
    > folders show all kinds of differences between my copied identical
    > files. My work computers use NT and Win2000.
    >
    > I noticed while running a virus scan on my home ME machine I saw some
    > _vti_cnf folders show in the scan. I do not have VID on this machine.

    Those folders are FrontPage folders and FrontPage extensions are used
    with IIS and InterDev for debugging as I understand it. I have never
    tried to run FrontPage on a not NT based O/S. So I don't know why they
    are on a ME based O/S that cannot run IIS.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Apr 28, 2004