_Rumpole_, _Cadfael_ titles from Acorn up for pre-order...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Douglas Bailey, Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Haven't seen either of these mentioned on any of the news sites I
    read...

    DVD Empire has _Rumpole and the Confession of Guilt_ listed on their
    "Recently Added" list. This is the original _Rumpole_ TV teleplay,
    filmed as a one-off in 1975, three years before the _Rumpole of the
    Bailey_ series began.

    <http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553265>

    I was a little distressed that this film wasn't included in the
    first/second season box set, but I'm glad to see it announced. I wonder
    if it wasn't a rights issue: the box is from HBO, but the new
    announcement is from Acorn Media.

    The DVD Empire list also includes another Acorn title of interest to
    me: _Cadfael Set I_, including the as-yet unreleased first episode "One
    Corpse Too Many" in addition to the already-released "The Sanctuary
    Sparrow," "The Leper of St Giles" and "Monk's Hood." No sign yet of
    "One Corpse..." being released on its own, but I'm sure it'll happen.

    <http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553295>

    Very strange to leave the first episode as the last one to be released,
    and to have Sets II, III and IV available before Set I. But better late
    than never...

    doug

    --

    ---------------Douglas Bailey ()---------------
    I can't see the lines I used to think I could read between...

    Douglas Bailey, Oct 29, 2003

  2. Douglas Bailey

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:01:37 -0500, Douglas Bailey
    <> wrote:

    >Haven't seen either of these mentioned on any of the news sites I
    >read...
    >
    >DVD Empire has _Rumpole and the Confession of Guilt_ listed on their
    >"Recently Added" list. This is the original _Rumpole_ TV teleplay,
    >filmed as a one-off in 1975, three years before the _Rumpole of the
    >Bailey_ series began.
    >
    > <http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553265>
    >
    >I was a little distressed that this film wasn't included in the
    >first/second season box set, but I'm glad to see it announced. I wonder
    >if it wasn't a rights issue: the box is from HBO, but the new
    >announcement is from Acorn Media.
    >
    >The DVD Empire list also includes another Acorn title of interest to
    >me: _Cadfael Set I_, including the as-yet unreleased first episode "One
    >Corpse Too Many" in addition to the already-released "The Sanctuary
    >Sparrow," "The Leper of St Giles" and "Monk's Hood." No sign yet of
    >"One Corpse..." being released on its own, but I'm sure it'll happen.
    >
    > <http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=553295>
    >
    >Very strange to leave the first episode as the last one to be released,
    >and to have Sets II, III and IV available before Set I. But better late
    >than never...
    >
    >doug

    About time they finished the set!!!!! Cadfael is on DDD, also.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wd_coyote@(remove)whoppermail.com