    I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games performance,
    any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system ?

    Many Thanks

    Athura, Jan 1, 2006

  2. Athura

    XPD Guest

    "Athura" <> wrote in message
    news:dp7hku$eov$...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig of
    > pc2700 ram
    > I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games performance,
    > any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system ?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    AGP ? PCI-e ?

    XPD, Jan 1, 2006

  3. Athura

    Daniel Guest

    Athura wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig of
    > pc2700 ram
    > I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games performance,
    > any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system ?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    Do you have a budget in mind?

    Daniel, Jan 1, 2006
  4. Athura

    SteveM Guest

    "Athura" <> wrote in

    > Hi all
    >
    > I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig
    > of pc2700 ram
    > I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games
    > performance, any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system
    > ?
    >
    > Many Thanks

    Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (if you don't mind changing camps)
    Best bang for buckright now.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Jan 1, 2006
  5. Athura

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    > "Athura" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig
    >> of pc2700 ram
    >> I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games
    >> performance, any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system
    >> ?
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >>

    > Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (if you don't mind changing camps)
    > Best bang for buckright now.
    >
    > SteveM

    agreed, have one my self...runs like a dream, altho gets a bit hot 68
    degree's running BF2 for a couple of hours

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Jan 1, 2006
  6. Athura

    cowboyz Guest

    "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message

    > "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    >> "Athura" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Hi all
    >>>
    >>> I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig
    >>> of pc2700 ram
    >>> I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games
    >>> performance, any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system
    >>> ?
    >>>
    >>> Many Thanks
    >>>

    >> Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (if you don't mind changing camps)
    >> Best bang for buckright now.
    >>
    >> SteveM

    > agreed, have one my self...runs like a dream, altho gets a bit hot 68
    > degree's running BF2 for a couple of hours
    >
    > KB

    I have a 9800pro and put a 6600gt in a XP2500 not too long ago and would
    consider it a sidestep rather than an upgrade. 3d mark is about 400 points
    higher on the 6600gt for what its worth but real life performance is not
    very noticeable at all.

    cowboyz, Jan 1, 2006
  7. Athura

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message

    > "Krazy Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Athura" <> wrote in

    >>> Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (if you don't mind changing camps)
    >>> Best bang for buckright now.
    >>>
    >>> SteveM

    >> agreed, have one my self...runs like a dream, altho gets a bit hot 68
    >> degree's running BF2 for a couple of hours
    >>
    >> KB
    >>

    > I have a 9800pro and put a 6600gt in a XP2500 not too long ago and would
    > consider it a sidestep rather than an upgrade. 3d mark is about 400
    > points higher on the 6600gt for what its worth but real life performance
    > is not very noticeable at all.

    well i had a TI4200, so to me thats an upgrade not a side step ;-)

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Jan 2, 2006
  8. "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    > "Athura" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig
    >> of pc2700 ram
    >> I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games
    >> performance, any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system
    >> ?
    >>
    >> Many Thanks
    >>

    > Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (if you don't mind changing camps)
    > Best bang for buckright now.
    >
    > SteveM

    damn - my 9800 pro just blew up and i already bought an x800 pro - but, this
    does not seem much better than the pro subjectively speaking, and it cost
    $600.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Jan 2, 2006
  9. Athura

    thingy Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Athura" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Hi all
    >>>
    >>>I have a Powercolour 9800pro sitting in a 2.8g P4 (533mhz) with a gig
    >>>of pc2700 ram
    >>>I am wanting to get a new video card to boost the newer games
    >>>performance, any suggestions as a modet upgrade for this older system
    >>>?
    >>>
    >>>Many Thanks
    >>>

    >>Nvidia GeForce 6600GT (if you don't mind changing camps)
    >>Best bang for buckright now.
    >>
    >>SteveM

    > agreed, have one my self...runs like a dream, altho gets a bit hot 68
    > degree's running BF2 for a couple of hours
    >
    > KB

    I have one in my p3-1000..........goes very nicely at $240.

    I love the "older system".....lol....what does that make my p3-1000 I
    wonder....an ancient artifact?

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 27, 2006