    end just signify that it has a TV Out?

    Tar

    John
    John, Oct 13, 2003

  2. John

    J.Clarke Guest

    On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:15:01 +0100
    John <> wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if these new cards, that seems to be even better than
    > the Pros, are AIWs and come with a TV tuner? Or does the TVD at the
    > end just signify that it has a TV Out?

    It appears to just be a ASUS suffix indicating a particular performance
    level. The description of the board and the photos do not indicate that
    either a tuner or TV-in is present.

    --John
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
    J.Clarke, Oct 14, 2003

  3. John

    MrToad Guest

    John <> Ran in the back door and shouted

    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if these new cards, that seems to be even better than
    > the Pros, are AIWs and come with a TV tuner? Or does the TVD at the
    > end just signify that it has a TV Out?
    >
    > Tar
    >
    > John

    I agee with J.Clarke, there is no indication that this is an AIW card,
    just TV out.

    According to HardOCP, [ http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTI5 ];

    The Radeon 9800XT is their next new high-end card. They have taken this
    core and expanded it and made it even more overclockable allowing for
    higher default clock speeds and still providing the same shader
    architecture. The last point is very important to note: “Most widely used
    DirectX9 Platform”. The R300 has been out a year now, in fact it was even
    out before DirectX9 was even released. That being the case, this card has
    been the development platform of choice for developers simply because it
    was the first and has been here the longest. That means any game that has
    been developed in the last year probably started with development on the
    9700 Pro.

    ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB - Operating at default clock speeds 412/730 using
    Catalyst Driver 3.7.

    ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128MB – Operating at default clock speeds 380/680
    using Catalyst Driver 3.7.

    HTH

    --
    MrToad
    MrToad, Oct 14, 2003
  4. John

    David Guest

    "John" <> wrote
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered if these new cards, that seems to be even better than
    > the Pros, are AIWs and come with a TV tuner? Or does the TVD at the
    > end just signify that it has a TV Out?
    >
    > Tar
    >
    > John

    From what I can tell the TVD is just the abbreviation for the
    inputs/outputs. T = tv output, V = video input and D = dvi output. Some of
    their cards just have TD and are without the video inputs. I could be wrong
    but that's how I read their numbers/letters anyway.

    David
    David, Oct 17, 2003
  5. John

    ed Guest

    update: using the new Omega drivers, everything works EXCEPT -- can't use
    cable tv in. I can view a signal that has already been processed ie. from a
    vcr or tv output, but despite the fact that tv tuner software in included,
    there apparently is no method of RF modulation (I think) to enable the tuner
    to grab the frequencies for the various channels. Does this mean I need a
    Tuner card, modulator or what? Any ideas?

    TheRealMrEd
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "ed" <> wrote in message
    > It has both TV in and out (composite and S-video each way) with software

    PVR

    ed, Apr 8, 2004
  6. John

    Wabbit Guest

    "ed" <> wrote in

    > Does this mean I need a Tuner card, modulator or what? Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > TheRealMrEd

    If you do not have AIW, you will need a tv tuner card or use the VCR to
    change the channels. Non-AIW card have TV-out, but some cards also have
    video-in. However, you still need a card with a tv tuner to be able to
    change the stations on the pc.

    Wabbit
    Wabbit, Apr 19, 2004