    have done when the 'New Hardware' box came up the first time I put it in.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    ZZZZZ, Mar 14, 2006

  2. ZZZZZ

    Shep© Guest

    On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:13:05 -0000 There are so many copies and so few
    originals "ZZZZZ" <.> sent this :

    >I put in a Kingston USB DataTraveler, memory stick in my old Sony laptop, it
    >was recognised but I mist have clicked something wrong, as from then on it
    >no longer comes up.
    >
    >When I put in the stick, nothing happens.
    >

    >I tried downloading the Kingston driver, and installing it manually.. but no
    >luck, there's nothing in My Computer.
    >
    >I've tried everything to get it but nothing.. can't work out what I must
    >have done when the 'New Hardware' box came up the first time I put it in.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >

    >Thanks

    Try here,
    http://www.usbman.com/Troubleshooter General.htm

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Mar 14, 2006

  3. ZZZZZ

    Plato Guest

    ZZZZZ wrote:

    > I put in a Kingston USB DataTraveler, memory stick in my old Sony laptop, it
    > was recognised but I mist have clicked something wrong, as from then on it
    > no longer comes up.
    >
    > When I put in the stick, nothing happens.

    Well, as you already know, most often win98 needs a driver for your
    stick to work. I'm just wondering if you've installed the driver
    incorrectly. What did the maker of the stick have to say?

    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 14, 2006
  4. ZZZZZ

    ZZZZZ Guest

    Well, it recognised it the first time, but the second time it didn't.

    I just figured I'd done something wrong.

    I think the driver was installed properly, it was downloaded from the
    correct site.

    Any suggestions on what to do?

    Thanks

    ZZZZZ, Mar 15, 2006
  5. ZZZZZ

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:34:55 -0000 There are so many copies and so few
    originals "ZZZZZ" <.> sent this :

    >Well, it recognised it the first time, but the second time it didn't.
    >
    >I just figured I'd done something wrong.
    >
    >I think the driver was installed properly, it was downloaded from the
    >correct site.
    >
    >Any suggestions on what to do?
    >
    >Thanks

    Boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove ALL usb drivers and any
    drivers for the named device and re-boot as per,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/drivers.html

    Also whilst in Safemode use a couple of registry cleaners,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/freeprog.html

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Mar 15, 2006