    Any recommendations on fixing this?

    Its a Sony Vaio laptop.

    Thanks
    Zarathustra, May 29, 2006

  2. Zarathustra

    mdp Guest

    Zarathustra wrote:
    > In 98 if I put in a memory stick or printer, and don't install
    > exactly the right driver the first time, it fails to recognise it
    > after that.
    > It won't search for the right driver and sometimes won't even
    > acknowledge that its plugged in.
    >
    > Although it finds it and recognises it fine the first time.
    >
    > Any recommendations on fixing this?
    >
    > Its a Sony Vaio laptop.
    >

    > Thanks

    Windows 98 deafault location for third party drivers is
    C:\WINDOWS\INF\Other. If there is an INF file matching your device move it
    to another location (in case you need to move it back - otherwise you can
    delete it). Not sure if you need to reboot, won't hurt. Plug the memory
    stick back in and Windows should ask for the driver again.
    mdp, May 30, 2006