    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.

    , Mar 31, 2005

  2. Dirty Harry Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > First, I want to put a good word in for Staples. I purchased a 50
    > pack spindle of dvd+r 1-8x for about 19 bucks a few weeks ago. When I
    > tried to use them, they made a bunch of coasters.
    >
    > I took what was left to Staples and they let me pick another companies
    > 50 pack for exchange. I went with memorex. I noticed that the
    > memorex package had a warning lable that indicated that if I had a 4x
    > drive I MUST upgrade firmware. Well, I did, the disks seem to work
    > and I won't mention the major brand I took back since I have no proof
    > if the problem was theirs or mine.
    >
    > Something to consider if you are having issues with your burner.
    >
    > Wes
    > --
    > Reply to:
    > Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Gee Tee EYE EYE dot COM
    > Lycos address is a spam trap.

    good to know...

    Dirty Harry, Apr 1, 2005

  3. RK Guest

    So, what are the ones that bummed out?

    RK, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Guest

    "RK" <> wrote:

    >So, what are the ones that bummed out?

    The brand doesn't matter. Up to now I've been buying 1-4x dvd-r or
    1-4x dvd+r since they have been cheap lately. This was my first
    run-in with the newer 1-8x and on a older 4x max drive it requires a
    firmware change. The drive is a Sony DRU-501a with original firmware
    since upgraded after this learning experience.

    Wes

    --
    Reply to:
    Lycos address is a spam trap.