    DX-DVDRW8.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thanks in advance
    Whorrorfan, Apr 29, 2005

  2. Whorrorfan

    WebWalker Guest

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:33:11 -0500, "Whorrorfan" <>
    wrote:

    >I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
    >friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a Dynex
    >DX-DVDRW8.

    Flash the drive firmware?
    Any flashing is risky, you might end up having a death drive.

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, Apr 30, 2005

  3. Whorrorfan

    Plato Guest

    Whorrorfan wrote:

    > I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
    > friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a Dynex
    > DX-DVDRW8.

    If there was such a file to do that I wouldnt try it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 30, 2005
  4. Whorrorfan

    ToMh Guest

    "Whorrorfan" <> wrote in message
    >I heard somewhere that you can double the speed of any dvd writer. I have a
    > friend with a 8X writer that he wants to double up on. The writer is a
    > Dynex
    > DX-DVDRW8.
    >

    > Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Firmware updates can make an 8X drive work with 16X disks,
    but it won't double the speed. That's usaully a HW limititation that can't
    be fixed by FW.
    ToMh, May 2, 2005