    16-24 ports would be nice if available, it would save us having to buy
    an 881 and a switch

    Many thanks
    Supersleuth, May 16, 2011

  2. Supersleuth

    Rob Guest

    Supersleuth <> wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > We are about to get a VDSL connectiion in Belgium and they have
    > advised us to buy a Cisco 881 to handle the PPP authentication.
    >
    > The 881 has only 4 ports.
    > Does anyone know of any other Cisco device that has more ports AND can
    > handle PPP authentication.
    >
    > 16-24 ports would be nice if available, it would save us having to buy
    > an 881 and a switch

    A device that can handle that many ports will cost you much more than
    an 881 plus a switch!

    Especially when you don't need VLAN capability in the switch.
    Rob, May 16, 2011

  3. Supersleuth <> writes:
    >We are about to get a VDSL connectiion in Belgium and they have
    >advised us to buy a Cisco 881 to handle the PPP authentication.

    >The 881 has only 4 ports.
    >Does anyone know of any other Cisco device that has more ports AND can
    >handle PPP authentication.

    >16-24 ports would be nice if available, it would save us having to buy
    >an 881 and a switch

    A CISCO2911/K9 with the SM-ES3G-24-P or SM-ES3G-16-P and the HWIC-1VDSL
    would work for you. Might be a little pricey compared to the 881 though..

    I don't know of any other VDSL router that would have 16-24 switch
    ports built into it. Everybody else would have at best a 4-port switch
    although could be a single port.
    Doug McIntyre, May 16, 2011