877 ADSL

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Supersleuth, Oct 6, 2011.

  1. Supersleuth

    Supersleuth Guest

    I have just loaded an 877 with 15.1 IOS

    c870-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M1.bin

    the config is the same as i was using with 12.4

    If the is no traffic through the modem for about 10 mins the ATM seems
    to go to sleep.

    ping atm int a0 0 34 seg give no response

    I can issue the " shut" "no shut" command to int ATM0 but this doesnt
    help.

    Also tried disconnecting the DSL cable waiting 1 minute then plugging
    back in

    Only way to get the ATM working is to reload the 877

    With 12.4 i didnt have this problem, and i had ADSL firmware 4.0.15
    loaded (adsl_alc_20190.bin)

    Is there something new in 15.1 i am missing to keep it alive
    constantly

    interface ATM0
    description Physical ADSL (ATM) interface
    no ip address
    no atm ilmi-keepalive
    !
    interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
    description Virtuele ADSL sub-interface
    ip address dhcp
    ip nat outside
    ip virtual-reassembly in
    atm route-bridged ip
    pvc 0/34
    encapsulation aal5snap

    Supersleuth, Oct 6, 2011

  2. Supersleuth

    Supersleuth Guest

    Upadate:

    I found the the 877 just randomly hangs a hard reset is need to get
    the ADSL working again.

    I returned to 12.4(24) and so far it works fine again

    Looks like 15.1 needs a lot of working on. I'll wait a few month and
    try a newer version and trst that.

    If any Cisco firmware guys read this and want more info i'll be only
    too happy to help.

    Supersleuth, Oct 9, 2011

  3. Supersleuth

    Guest

    Hi,

    Interesting ...

    Find below cropped output of my 876W. Never had this problem. I'm running it this way for months.

    Andre

    System image file is "flash:c870-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M.bin"
    Cisco 876W (MPC8272) processor (revision 2.0) with 236544K/25600K bytes of memory.
    53248K bytes of processor board System flash (Intel Strataflash)

    , Oct 9, 2011
  4. On Sun, 09 Oct 2011 11:59:22 +0200, Supersleuth <>
    wrote:

    >>I have just loaded an 877 with 15.1 IOS
    >>
    >>c870-advsecurityk9-mz.151-4.M1.bin
    >>
    >>the config is the same as i was using with 12.4
    >>

    >>If the is no traffic through the modem for about 10 mins the ATM seems
    >>to go to sleep.
    >>
    >> ping atm int a0 0 34 seg give no response
    >>
    >>I can issue the " shut" "no shut" command to int ATM0 but this doesnt
    >>help.
    >>
    >>Also tried disconnecting the DSL cable waiting 1 minute then plugging
    >>back in
    >>
    >>Only way to get the ATM working is to reload the 877
    >>
    >>With 12.4 i didnt have this problem, and i had ADSL firmware 4.0.15
    >>loaded (adsl_alc_20190.bin)
    >>
    >>Is there something new in 15.1 i am missing to keep it alive
    >>constantly
    >>

    >>interface ATM0
    >> description Physical ADSL (ATM) interface
    >> no ip address
    >> no atm ilmi-keepalive
    >>!
    >>interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
    >> description Virtuele ADSL sub-interface
    >> ip address dhcp
    >> ip nat outside
    >> ip virtual-reassembly in
    >> atm route-bridged ip
    >> pvc 0/34
    >> encapsulation aal5snap

    >Upadate:
    >
    >I found the the 877 just randomly hangs a hard reset is need to get
    >the ADSL working again.
    >
    >I returned to 12.4(24) and so far it works fine again
    >

    >Looks like 15.1 needs a lot of working on. I'll wait a few month and
    >try a newer version and trst that.
    >
    >If any Cisco firmware guys read this and want more info i'll be only
    >too happy to help.

    I am using 15.1(2)T1 and 4.0.210 ADSL firmware and it is fine. I do
    have maxed out RAM fitted, so maybe 15.1 needs more RAM?

    Stephen Worthington, Oct 10, 2011