877 adsl capacity

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by jamie, Apr 2, 2006.

  1. jamie

    jamie Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a question regarding the Cisco 877W type router - the specs on cisco
    say the following:

    ST-Micro DynaMiTe (formerly Alcatel Micro Electronics) ADSL Chipset (20190)

    · T1.413 ANSI ADSL DMT issue 2
    · G.992.1 ITU G.DMT support
    · G.992.3 ITU G.hs ADSL type negotiation
    · G.992.3 (ADSL 2)/G.992.5 (ADSL2+)
    · DSL Forum TR-067
    The chipset does not provide interoperability with carrierless amplitude
    modulation/phase modulation (CAP)-based ADSL lines.

    I am currently on a 2Mb adsl broadband connection in the UK and I am
    thinking of upgrading to an 8Mb - will the router cope with that capacity or
    do I need another type router? Also does anyone know what the maximum
    allowed is?

    Thanks in advance for your answers.

    Jamie

    jamie, Apr 2, 2006

  2. jamie

    Neil Cherry Guest

    On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:59:43 +0100, jamie wrote:
    > Hi all,

    > I am currently on a 2Mb adsl broadband connection in the UK and I am
    > thinking of upgrading to an 8Mb - will the router cope with that capacity or
    > do I need another type router? Also does anyone know what the maximum
    > allowed is?

    According to the Cisco router performance sheet it can CEF switch at a
    rate of 25000 pps (64 byte packets). That comes out to ~12Mbps so it
    sounds like your OK. These numbers seem to be pretty much inline with
    what we've tested in the lab.

    --
    Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry
    http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site