    The idea is that if Router1 at head office goes down the other VPN to Router2
    will switch in as a backup.

    JR
    John Rennie, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Hi,

    Yes you can setup such a topology. Have a look at
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f85.shtml.
    This example implements a single tunnel from the head office to the branch
    office. Adding a second tunnel from the branch to the second router at the
    head office adds the requested redundancy.

    Erik

    "John Rennie" <> wrote in message
    > Our head office has two Internet lines on different routers with different

    IP
    > addresses. Can I set up the 837 at a branch office with two IPSEC VPNs to

    the
    > two different IP addresses, but with the same LAN subnet at the other end

    e.g.

    Erik Tamminga, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Hi,

    You can use Cisco Security Device Manager (Cisco SDM 1.1) to configure
    GREoIPSec tunnels with backup.

    It should make your life easy.

    Ravikumar

    Ravikumar Eswaran, Apr 19, 2004