    Countries will be France, Spain, UK, Portugal and Germany.

    Thank you all for any response or link to follow,

    Alex.

    AM, Dec 3, 2004

  2. "AM" <> wrote in message
    news:d8%rd.1846$...
    > I'm going to deploy several 837 across Europe to connetc branch offices to
    > headquarter.
    > Does any parameter change in doing this? I mean, do I have to change only
    > the IP and DNSes, supplied by ADSL provider, to the router or also
    > parameters concerning layer 2, like pvc and so on?
    > Countries will be France, Spain, UK, Portugal and Germany.

    In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
    Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all (or
    maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they use
    PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to tweak.

    Richard.

    Richard Antony Burton, Dec 3, 2004

  3. AM

    AM Guest

    Richard Antony Burton wrote:
    > "AM" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I'm going to deploy several 837 across Europe to connetc branch offices to
    >>headquarter.
    >>Does any parameter change in doing this? I mean, do I have to change only
    >>the IP and DNSes, supplied by ADSL provider, to the router or also
    >>parameters concerning layer 2, like pvc and so on?
    >>Countries will be France, Spain, UK, Portugal and Germany.

    > In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
    > Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all (or
    > maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they use
    > PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to tweak.
    >
    > Richard.

    Thank you Richard for your quick answer!

    Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries specified above?

    Thank you all

    alex.

    AM, Dec 3, 2004
  4. "AM" <> wrote in message

    > Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries
    > specified above?

    I just posted one in another thread for a UK ISP. I'm using routing and nat
    through some odd (to me) config for this particular ISP (plus.net), but I'm
    sure you will be able to pick out the bits that are of interest to you:

    Richard.

    Richard Antony Burton, Dec 3, 2004
  5. AM

    AM Guest

    Richard Antony Burton wrote:

    > "AM" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries
    >>specified above?

    > I just posted one in another thread for a UK ISP. I'm using routing and nat
    > through some odd (to me) config for this particular ISP (plus.net), but I'm
    > sure you will be able to pick out the bits that are of interest to you:
    >
    > Richard.

    Thank Richard, but I'n not able to use your reference. I can not connect to news.easynews.com
    Could you post some keyword within your post as I can search your post via google?

    Thanks,
    Alex.

    AM, Dec 3, 2004
  6. Am wrote:

    > > In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
    > > Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all (or
    > > maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they use
    > > PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to tweak.

    > Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries specified above?

    It depends on the ADSL / Internet provider, not on the country.
    You will need to talk to each ISP to get the correct parameters for
    optimal configuring of your 837.

    --
    Joop van der Velden

    Joop van der Velden, Dec 3, 2004
  7. "AM" <> wrote in message

    >> I just posted one in another thread for a UK ISP. I'm using routing and
    >> nat through some odd (to me) config for this particular ISP (plus.net),
    >> but I'm sure you will be able to pick out the bits that are of interest
    >> to you:

    > Thank Richard, but I'n not able to use your reference. I can not connect
    > to news.easynews.com
    > Could you post some keyword within your post as I can search your post via
    > google?

    That reference should work from any news server, not just easynews. But I'm
    not sure how google groups handles it.
    Try this:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=fe0sd.191958$&rnum=8

    All UK ISPs are set up pretty much the same, because that are virtualy all
    running over BT's network, so it you pick out the bits you need from here,
    they will likely work for any UK ISP.

    Richard.

    Richard Antony Burton, Dec 4, 2004
  8. AM

    Ginger Guest

    "Joop van der Velden" <> wrote in message
    > Am wrote:
    >
    >> > In he UK pvc is always 0/38, but I don't think that is the case across
    >> > Europe, so you are likely to need to change that. Also in the UK, all
    >> > (or
    >> > maybe just most) providers use PPPoA. I'm pretty sure in Germany they
    >> > use
    >> > PPPoE. So there is likely to be more than just a few IP addresses to
    >> > tweak.

    >> Does anyone have an ATM interface configuration to post for countries
    >> specified above?

    > It depends on the ADSL / Internet provider, not on the country.
    > You will need to talk to each ISP to get the correct parameters for
    > optimal configuring of your 837.
    >
    > --
    > Joop van der Velden

    Hi Am,

    I am very interested in what concentrator you are going back to with the
    837, cos I am having a hell of a time trying to configure the 837 to login
    to mine.

    Thanks

    Ginger, Dec 15, 2004