828 - "ppp encrypt" command doesn't work

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by John Rennie, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. John Rennie

    John Rennie Guest

    I've set up PPTP dialins on several 837s using:

    vpdn enable
    !
    vpdn-group pptp
    ! Default PPTP VPDN group
    accept-dialin
    protocol pptp
    virtual-template 1
    exit
    exit
    !
    interface Virtual-Template1
    ip unnumbered Ethernet0
    peer default ip address pool default
    ppp encrypt mppe auto
    ppp authentication ms-chap
    !
    ip local pool default 172.16.1.224 172.16.1.239

    but on an 828 the line:

    ppp encrypt mppe auto

    gives an error, and indeed ppp ? shows no encrypt option. Does anyone know how
    I set up the 828 to do the same as the above. I've tried just leaving out the
    ppp encrypt command, but the PPTP session fails to negotiate.

    Thanks,

    John Rennie
    John Rennie, Apr 27, 2004