    Any hint appreciated.

    TIA,

    Joerg

    Joerg Dorchain, Dec 14, 2004

  2. "Joerg Dorchain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a 803 which "does not boot anymore". In fact, it boots only into
    > the Tiny Rom, where all I get is a boot> prompt.
    >
    > Does someone know how to recover (or reset) a tiny rom password?

    Tyy typing "reset" or "boot"

    Conf just be that config register (config-register) is set to boot to ROM,
    of the image in flash is deleted/corrupt.

    Also see
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_field_notice09186a00800940ec.shtml

    where they recommend

    set boot-action=flash
    set ios-conf=0x2102
    save and then power cycle. Or type "reset" or "boot"

    Phillip Remaker, Dec 14, 2004

  3. Phillip Remaker <> wrote:

    > "Joerg Dorchain" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I got a 803 which "does not boot anymore". In fact, it boots only into
    > > the Tiny Rom, where all I get is a boot> prompt.
    > >
    > > Does someone know how to recover (or reset) a tiny rom password?

    > Tyy typing "reset" or "boot"

    TinyROM version 1.0(2)
    Mon Nov 02 17:14:21 1998
    Copyright (c) 1998 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    All rights reserved.

    POST ......... OK. 4MB DRAM, 4MB Flash.

    auto-boot: failed, "no such file"
    boot> reset
    reset: failed, "permission denied"
    boot> boot
    boot: failed, "permission denied"
    boot>

    > Conf just be that config register (config-register) is set to boot to ROM,
    > of the image in flash is deleted/corrupt.

    > Also see
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_field_notice09186a00800940ec.shtml

    > where they recommend

    > set boot-action=flash
    > set ios-conf=0x2102
    > save and then power cycle. Or type "reset" or "boot"

    I've found this article. This does not work, as all given commands fail
    with "permission denied". For clarification, it is _not_ the enable
    password for the IOS, this is a locked Tiny Rom

    Bye,

    Joerg

    Joerg Dorchain, Dec 15, 2004