    Is there any way to permanently disable or block it?

    Thanks,

    ...Ram

    Ram Nayak, Apr 21, 2005

  2. It's strange that your client re-enables the 802.1x checkbox on restarts.
    What supplicant are you using in the place of the Microsoft one? You could
    disable the Microsoft supplicant by stopping the WZCSVC service (net stop
    wzcsvc). To stop the service across reboots, I would change it's startup
    type to manual through services.msc (Start->Run->services.msc).

    Specifically regarding the checkbox, I'm not certain about this but have you
    tried monitoring the registry to see if there is a change when you
    check/uncheck the "Enable network access control using 802.1x"? I did a 2min
    search on support.microsoft.com for something along these lines but found
    little other than the UI approach. There are several utilities to monitor
    registry calls (regmon for example).

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal [MS], Apr 25, 2005