    to access a wireless network? I don't care for accessing the domain as the
    machine is not a member of it. I just need a way to authenticate to the
    wireless AP anf get an IP address to browse the internet.

    Carlos A. Morillo, Apr 13, 2005

  2. Yes, it is.
    On windows, every user has a cert store. If you add the certificate to the
    certstore for a particular user, he/she will be able to get access to the
    network. The machine need not be part of the domain.

    The microsoft CA (and may be others) may expose a web interface to request a
    certificate. That interface should allow to request a certificate, and later
    install it as well.

    Thanks,
    Taroon

    Taroon Mandhana\(MSFT\), Apr 14, 2005