    NEED a windows 2000/3 domain structure?

    Cheers!
    Jo
    jo, Mar 14, 2005

  2. jo

    Uli Link Guest

    jo schrieb:

    > Is it possible to configure 802.1x authentication using IAS as the radius
    > server against an NT4 Domain controller.

    AFAIK: No. But you can try on a W2k server configured as a domain
    controller in domain mode.

    > All of the examples I have seen are all using AD with a CA hosted on a
    > windows 2000 or 2003 server.

    Yes.

    > I have an NT4 domain, and need to set up 802.1x using the computer accounts
    > for authentication - is this possible, has anyone done this recently? Do I
    > NEED a windows 2000/3 domain structure?

    Take a look at a better RADIUS. Funk Software's Odyssee Server is great
    and simple for WLAN only use. Can authenticate against a NT4 domain.

    --
    Uli

    These opinions are mine. All found typos are yours.
    Uli Link, Mar 14, 2005

  3. jo

    jo Guest

    I am looking at 802.1x for a wired network. Do you know if I can do what I
    want using IAS and CA on a windows 2000 server, against an NT4 domain?

    jo, Mar 15, 2005