    access.

    Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Is anyone deploying software on an 802.1x secured lan?
    chusome, Feb 3, 2007

  2. chusome

    chusome Guest

    In case anyone stumbles across this and is asking the same question
    here is the answer I was able to find.

    The issue of deploying software over an 802.1x secured network an be
    easily taken care of by setting up a guest vlan. How it works is if
    the client fails the 802.1x authentication the switch will put the
    client into the guest vlan that you have pre-configured. You could
    setup the guest vlan to only permit access to ports required by your
    software deployment package. After your finished the deployment your
    machines will be able authenticate and will be placed into the proper
    vlan.

    See: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/
    cat2950/12114ea1/2950scg/sw8021x.htm#1062403
    chusome, Feb 4, 2007