    Seems the native vlan IS working across the link, but the other Vlans are not.

    Any suggestions on what I am missing?

    Thanks,
    gzimmerer, Dec 4, 2009

  2. gzimmerer

    gzimmerer

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Solved

    Well it hurts when you are only partially right.... in my case it was overlooking spanning tree pruning.

    The solution is that you need an active device in the vlan on the switch to keep spanning tree from pruning the vlans and interfering with testing.

    For a reasonably good tutorial, check out ...
    velocityreviews.com article 3988091

    Maybe someone with greater rights than I will follow up with a post to the actual URL.
    gzimmerer, Dec 23, 2009