    Price is important but tell me what you know.

    (interested in version for laptop, and also PCI version)

    Daniel
    asdf, Sep 5, 2003

  2. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    "asdf" wrote
    > Also would be very nice if i could plug a external antenna in.

    What sort of range... metres or Km?

    Either are fairly easy to do.
    try www.yobbo.co.nz for some general info, and if you get confused, email
    me.
    T.N.O., Sep 5, 2003

  3. asdf

    asdf Guest

    um, would be nice to get 800meters.. but latter on, i would be intrested
    in K"s if i can get line of sight ish?

    Daniel

    asdf, Sep 5, 2003
  4. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    "asdf" wrote
    > um, would be nice to get 800meters.. but latter on, i would be

    intrested
    > in K"s if i can get line of sight ish?

    Cool... you can get antenae like this for about $130, and about $90 for a
    card, and about $90 for the cable to join them.

    see yobbo for pics of the equipment.

    What city are you in? CHCH has some weird laws about 802.11x
    T.N.O., Sep 5, 2003
  5. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Dogg" wrote
    > Does it? Where would one find out about these? Do you know or are you
    > the person that has the antenna on their roof by the Sydenham
    > McDonalds?

    Someone in this group mentioned it the other day... Im in dunedin mate,
    might find it a tad to far to see my roof :)
    T.N.O., Sep 5, 2003
  6. asdf

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Dogg" wrote
    > I see. So what about these weird laws in CHCH?

    Maybe search groups.google.com for nz.comp wireless T.N.O and I came up with
    this thread.(careful of url wrapping)
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...d&selm=3f4adc31%241%40news.iconz.co.nz&rnum=3

    basically to sum it up, Stoatwarbler said it was illegal, but no-one seems
    to have elaborated on it, although I believe it has something to do with
    some bylaw about transmission signal strengths...
    T.N.O., Sep 8, 2003
  7. On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:34:38 +1200, T.N.O. wrote:

    > basically to sum it up, Stoatwarbler said it was illegal, but no-one seems
    > to have elaborated on it, although I believe it has something to do with
    > some bylaw about transmission signal strengths...

    Robert Hunt at Plain Communications can fill in the details, but he won't
    post here.

    There are 2 bylaws to contend with. One deals with anything with an EIRP
    over 1mW, the other covers planning approval for external antennas.

    --
    There are 2 sorts of email opt-in lists:
    2: Fraud
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 9, 2003