802.11

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by max, Jul 23, 2008.

  1. max

    max Guest

    Hi,

    could someone clear my doubts.

    Scenario - wireless security setup

    802.1x authentication using PEAP with EAP-MSCHAP V2. Here I know that
    server
    authentication certificate is requried only on RADIUS server for
    authenticating the server.

    Question 1)
    I presume that WPA2 with AES encryption is used for data integrity
    and
    encryption and this is happening only between the access point or
    switch and
    the wireless client. Am I right.
    Is there a certificate used for this.

    Question 2)
    What is reauthentication. Is this happens only with roaming users. If
    not
    Where we can configure reauthentication interval.

    thanks

    max, Jul 23, 2008

  2. Hi
    The Wireless security via direct encryption occurs between the Wireless
    Client and the Access point.
    Support to the proceeds in the Access Point depends on the chipset. In the
    Wireless client it depends on the chipset of the Wireless card and has to be
    supported by the OS.
    WEP, WPA, and WPA2 - http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 23, 2008