    spots such as Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. Do I need a different 802.11x card
    for each once?

    Thanks!
    Ramd, Nov 27, 2004

  2. Ramd

    Bill Crocker Guest

    Any 802.11b card, and most 802.11g cards, should work just fine.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Nov 28, 2004

  3. There's a handful...you can use the Cisco CB21AG, Netgear WAG511 and Linksys
    WG55AG card....they're designed on 802.11 a/b/g networks...

    Hope this helps..

    =?Utf-8?B?R2NvcnB1eg==?=, Nov 28, 2004
  4. Every Wi-fi spot I have ever used (all over the USA) is 802.11b.

    If the Wi-Fi spot were 802.11g, an 802.11b card would work just fine.

    If the Wi-Fi spot were 802.11a, that would most likely be one small spot
    (802.11a does not transmit very far).

    If you buy an 802.11b compliant card, that would be considered 'universal'
    today.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Nov 28, 2004
  5. Look for the Wi-Fi logoed cards.
    http://wi-fi.org/OpenSection/why_Wi-Fi.asp?TID=2#Wi-Fi_CERTIFIED=Confidence
    Wi-Fi logo means that the card is _actually_ compatible with other different
    brands.
    You'll find more answers on this site.
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Nov 28, 2004