    console port, but fast step won't 'see' it either way. Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Peter
    ph12, Oct 31, 2003

  2. In article <3fa2304b$0$17859$>,
    ph12 <> wrote:
    :I picked up a 801 router that I am trying to configure using Fast step
    :software. I can telnet on to the router and I can talk to it using the
    :console port, but fast step won't 'see' it either way. Any suggestions?

    Cabling problem, perhaps?

    Is this a used 801? If so then perhaps the configuration needs to
    be reset to the default before Fast Step can talk to it. Fast Step
    might make assumptions about what the IP address is, for example.
    --
    "Infinity is like a stuffed walrus I can hold in the palm of my hand.
    Don't do anything with infinity you wouldn't do with a stuffed walrus."
    Walter Roberson, Oct 31, 2003