    we have cisco 801 ISDN router and I would try to configure it for remote
    access from my home computer.
    any idea.
    fake, Sep 23, 2004

  2. fake

    fake Guest

    I forget, I wont to configure it to access over ISDN line and 56k modem

    fake, Sep 23, 2004

  3. fake

    PES Guest

    "fake" <> wrote in message news:ciuept$98d$...
    >I forget, I wont to configure it to access over ISDN line and 56k modem
    >
    > "fake" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello to everyone,
    >> we have cisco 801 ISDN router and I would try to configure it for remote
    >> access from my home computer.
    >> any idea.

    You cannot dial into an 801 connected to the pstn through isdn from a
    computer connected via async modem. There is no modem in the 801. One
    would need a way to interpret the async and the hardware is not sufficient
    for that.
    PES, Sep 23, 2004
  4. fake

    fake Guest

    I was afraid of that. But someone told me that it is possible to do it.
    tnx

    fake, Sep 23, 2004
  5. fake

    PES Guest

    AFAIK, the only thing you could do would be pure isdn. ISDN would be
    required on the pc.

    PES, Sep 23, 2004
  6. fake

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <4152d8d0$>,
    NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE**SUCKS says...
    > AFAIK, the only thing you could do would be pure isdn. ISDN would be
    > required on the pc.

    Or.. you can add modem on your console port but since there's no flow
    control you can get only 9600.

    HTH,

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Sep 23, 2004
  7. fake

    PES Guest

    "Ivan Ostres" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4152d8d0$>,
    > NO*SPAMpestewartREMOVE**SUCKS says...
    >> AFAIK, the only thing you could do would be pure isdn. ISDN would be
    >> required on the pc.
    >>

    > Or.. you can add modem on your console port but since there's no flow
    > control you can get only 9600.
    >
    > HTH,

    That would only get you console access. No ppp. If there was an aux port,
    this would be a possiblility, but 801 has no aux port.
    PES, Sep 23, 2004