    --
    Will
    westes AT earthbroadcast.com

    CHANGE USERNAME TO westes, Oct 17, 2003

  2. CHANGE USERNAME TO westes

    Steinar Haug Guest

    ["CHANGE USERNAME TO westes"]

    | Can the WS-X6508-GBIC= part be used as an 8 port gigabit ethernet card in
    | the Cisco 760x series?

    Yes.

    | Can it route using MPLS?

    Not with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2. Should be possible with Sup720 - though I
    believe the IOS to do this isn't available yet.

    As long as you have Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2, you need the 4-port GE-WAN OSM,
    or similar, for MPLS.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Oct 17, 2003

  3. "Steinar Haug" <> wrote in message
    > | Can it route using MPLS?
    >
    > Not with Sup2/MSFC2/PFC2. Should be possible with Sup720 - though I
    > believe the IOS to do this isn't available yet.

    We have a cat 6k with sup720/msfc3/pfc3 bolted to our lab rack. I whacked in
    the latest ios, which isn't supposed to support mpls, and what do you know -
    the darn thing seems to deal with mpls just fine. So I contacted the local
    cisco rep for a bit more info and it seems that the feature is not
    officially supported yet, due to lack of testing or some such... but it does
    work. So, if you decide to use the features - don't expect any help from
    TAC.

    - Juha -

    Juha Lindström, Oct 19, 2003