    ULEAD Video Studio 7 is used to transfer MPEG-2 to DVD.

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Don
    Don Prince, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Don Prince

    Rob Guest

    I don't think you will get many answers here, this group considers digital
    still photography only. Perhaps you should try rec.video.production.

    (I think it will be beecause the analog video is captured at a lower
    resolution than the digital. Go to File...Properties in Windows Media Player
    to check the resolution of each. Don't reply here though, because it is
    off-topic for this group)

    Rob.

    8

    Rob, Oct 18, 2004

  3. Don Prince

    Frank ess Guest

    Rob wrote:
    > I don't think you will get many answers here, this group considers
    > digital still photography only. Perhaps you should try
    > rec.video.production.
    >
    > (I think it will be beecause the analog video is captured at a lower
    > resolution than the digital. Go to File...Properties in Windows Media
    > Player to check the resolution of each. Don't reply here though,
    > because it is off-topic for this group)
    >
    > Rob.
    >

    > "Don Prince" <> wrote in message
    >> When I transfer my 8 mm home videos to DVD, I can transfer 120
    >> minutes of 8 mm analog video to DVD but when I transfer 8 mm digital
    >> video to DVD I can only transfer 80 minutes.
    >>
    >> Why is there such a difference?
    >>
    >> Sony digital camcorder is used to transfer both 8 mm formats to PC.
    >> Sony VAIO software is used to convert videos to MPEG-2 format.
    >> ULEAD Video Studio 7 is used to transfer MPEG-2 to DVD.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help.
    >> Don

    There is also a very active desktop video group called
    rec.video.desktop
    where this stuff is answered in seconds.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Don Prince

    Guest

    , Oct 16, 2013
  5. Don Prince

    RichA Guest

    On Monday, October 18, 2004 2:15:41 PM UTC-4, Don Prince wrote:
    > When I transfer my 8 mm home videos to DVD, I can transfer 120 minutes of8
    > mm analog video to DVD but when I transfer 8 mm digital video to DVD I can
    > only transfer 80 minutes.
    >
    > Why is there such a difference?
    >
    > Sony digital camcorder is used to transfer both 8 mm formats to PC.
    > Sony VAIO software is used to convert videos to MPEG-2 format.
    > ULEAD Video Studio 7 is used to transfer MPEG-2 to DVD.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Don

    The best video converter (speed, accuracy) I've ever seen is Wondershare. Converter that take 30 mins to do one conversion, I've seen Wondershare do it in 5 minutes. What you might do is experiment with the quality and datarate settings (since DVD media is only about $0.20/ea) to find how much time you can squeeze into a specific size. Also, remember that DVD players have a limit on the data they can throughput so you'd have to use one to test how it handles whatever you produce.
    RichA, Oct 16, 2013