    Rats Guest

    I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
    these and who sells them?
    Rats, Nov 24, 2003

  2. Rats

    JedMeister Guest

    Might be another year on top of that for drives an media to reach here of
    course :)

    JedMeister, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Rats

    Mutlley Guest

    "Rats" <> wrote:

    >I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
    >these and who sells them?

    If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
    Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
    sale.
    Mutlley, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Rats

    Rats Guest

    "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
    > Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
    > sale.

    The who?
    Rats, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Hi there,

    Rats wrote:
    > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
    >>Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
    >>sale.

    > The who?

    They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
    is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
    like music and movies that they get a big commission from...

    We don't do such stuff of course! :)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Rats

    EAgle Guest

    "Rats" <> wrote in message
    > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > > If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
    > > Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
    > > sale.

    > The who?

    Motion Picture Association of America MPAA
    EAgle, Nov 24, 2003
  7. Rats

    GraB Guest

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:26:40 +1300, "Rats" <> wrote:

    >I heard that 8.5 gb DVD writers have come out. Anyone know anything about
    >these and who sells them?

    There is a thread on this in alt.video.dvd.tech
    GraB, Nov 24, 2003
  8. Rats

    Lebowski Guest

    "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Rats wrote:
    > > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>If your talking about dual layer writers. No they are not out yet.
    > >>Next year some time if the MPAA don't try to stop them from going on
    > >>sale.

    > > The who?

    > They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
    > is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
    > like music and movies that they get a big commission from...
    >
    > We don't do such stuff of course! :)

    Not at all...if I had a dual-layer dvd writer, I would use it to back up
    some of my Microsoft Word documents and a couple of wallpaper
    pictures....and maybe the Favorites folder if I had room left after that.
    :)
    Lebowski, Nov 28, 2003
  9. On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:04:55 +1300, "Lebowski" <>
    wrote:

    >"Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> Rats wrote:
    >> > "Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    >> > The who?

    >> They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
    >> is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
    >> like music and movies that they get a big commission from...
    >>
    >> We don't do such stuff of course! :)
    >>

    >Not at all...if I had a dual-layer dvd writer, I would use it to back up
    >some of my Microsoft Word documents and a couple of wallpaper
    >pictures....and maybe the Favorites folder if I had room left after that.
    >:)

    DVD RAM is the Only reliable method for backing up data, all the other methods
    do not so and no burn error testing..
    Gregory Parker, Nov 28, 2003
  10. Hi there,

    Lebowski wrote:
    > "Chris Wilkinson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>Rats wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Mutlley" <> wrote in message

    >>>The who?

    >>They're the tosspots who think that anyone who owns a DVD/CD-writer
    >>is only going to use it for illegal copying of copyrighted material
    >>like music and movies that they get a big commission from...
    >>
    >>We don't do such stuff of course! :)
    >>

    > Not at all...if I had a dual-layer dvd writer, I would use it to back up
    > some of my Microsoft Word documents and a couple of wallpaper
    > pictures....and maybe the Favorites folder if I had room left after that.
    > :)

    Hehe! I'd archive a few WMV9 movies, and my win32 DLL collection (the ones
    that allow my linux media players to play DRM-free content!)...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Nov 29, 2003