7dayshop : don't buy anything of value at 7dayshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Kokinho, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Kokinho

    Kokinho Guest

    I bought the minolta G400 16th July from 7dayshop. They
    do seem to take an age for the delivery to come. I still have not got
    it and 2 days ago looked out of interest on their website for the
    G400. I noticed it is £134.90 now. So I sent them an email on their
    contact us form (this is the only way, as their phone number service
    has been removed). I basically put that I bought the camera for £5.10
    more a couple of days ago and I don't believe it has been sent, can I
    cancel or have the £5.10 refunded. I bought memory cards and batteries
    from them in the past, so they could see I am regular. I wrote 3
    paragraphs. Their response was one word "no", it took him 48 hours to
    write this.

    Next time if I want an electrical item, I will not buy from them. If
    you ever need to send something back you have to send it to the
    Channel Islands, even if it is their fault and the item is broken.
    Along with this you can only get in contact with them on email who
    takes 48hours to write one word response. On the form it says "rate
    how useful this response was". As you can imagine I put 1, shame they
    didn't have negative numbers.

    The response i got from them seemed like it was written by some spotty
    16 year old who failed his GCSEs. This is how you feel when dealing
    with them. I had a delivery problem with them in the past and this was
    again useless customer service.

    The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

    Kokinho, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Kokinho

    maz Guest

    Dont forget your vat/import duty too.

    maz, Jul 23, 2004

  3. and smuggling is an illegal act

    Arty

    Arty Phacting, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Kokinho

    Sabineellen Guest

    >The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

    Maybe 3 paragraphs over £5.10 out of £140 wanting to cancel or refund was too
    much. They are busy traders, i'd assume, and had i been a busy trader I
    would've been extremely annoyed with customers who'd do this thing, especially
    when they are already getting it at a less-than-elsewhere price, and especially
    when they go on usenet and say blanket statement such as "don't buy from
    7dayshop!", despite their previous satisfaction.

    The item was probably already on its way to to you. Prices are dropping all the
    time and you agreed to the price at which you bought the item, which I assume
    was the best you could find then, and they probably didn't make a lot of profit
    out of it compared to others. I think "no" is enough; you obviously seemed like
    a time-waster to them and they are people trying to make a living. It would
    help if you try to see things from the other side's perspective. I surely
    wouldn't want to do business with you judging by this behaviour.

    Sabineellen, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Kokinho

    Zebedee Guest

    What a childish rant!

    Zebedee, Jul 23, 2004
  6. Kokinho

    ejb Guest

    "Zebedee" < wrote
    ..
    > What a childish rant!

    I agree.

    I bought a couple of 512 Mb C/F cards from them,and one was DOA.
    I emailed them and rec'd a prompt reply asking me to return it.
    I went on holiday for 3 weeks before sending it back,(I forgot !!!),less
    than a week after returning it I rec'd a replacement.

    I've never had a problem with them,that's why I shop there.

    ejb, Jul 23, 2004
  7. Kokinho

    Zebedee Guest

    "ejb" <> wrote in message
    > I agree.
    >
    > I bought a couple of 512 Mb C/F cards from them,and one was DOA.
    > I emailed them and rec'd a prompt reply asking me to return it.
    > I went on holiday for 3 weeks before sending it back,(I forgot !!!),less
    > than a week after returning it I rec'd a replacement.
    >
    > I've never had a problem with them,that's why I shop there.

    Me too. I buy lots of memory cards from 7dayshop. I'm not happy about buying
    bigger items online though or via mail order. I'd rather pay extra and have
    somewhere I can just walk into in order to pop it on the counter and say
    "broken. may I have a replacement" and walk away with a replacement. by the
    time return postage is factored in, often the advantage has gone.

    --
    Yours

    Zebedee

    (Claiming asylum in an attempt
    to escape paying his debts to
    Dougal and Florence)

    Zebedee, Jul 23, 2004
  8. Kokinho

    Your-nice Guest

    im happy with them and not bad prices either , spec,s and prices change
    dayly these days its just what happens

    Your-nice, Jul 23, 2004
  9. Kokinho

    chris French Guest

    In message <YY7Mc.528$>, Arty Phacting
    <> writes
    >and smuggling is an illegal act

    As you keep telling us....

    Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
    smuggling?

    chris French, Jul 23, 2004
  10. Kokinho

    Zebedee Guest

    "chris French" <> wrote in message
    > In message <YY7Mc.528$>, Arty Phacting
    > <> writes
    > >and smuggling is an illegal act

    > As you keep telling us....
    >
    > Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
    > smuggling?

    Or legitimately going over to France with a van, loading it up with cheap
    booze and bringing it back for a wedding party? Customs seem to have
    impounded illegally the vehicles of many such people and it took a 3 year
    battle through the european court to get restitution.

    Zebedee, Jul 23, 2004
  11. Kokinho

    Sabineellen Guest

    >> What a childish rant!
    >>

    >I agree.

    I agree too. Reminds me of this idiot who wants to kill DMOZ - (the Open
    Directory Project; the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of
    the Web, constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer
    editors) - 'cos its reviewers didn't list his site (the 4th post in the thread
    linked to below explains it)...

    http://forums.seochat.com/archive/t-5814

    It's a irritating that such people seem to emante disproportionally from the
    UK, at least in what I've observed. They're an awful embarrassment on
    international media (web, usenet.. etc). I fully understand now where the term
    "whiney Brits" came from. I'm often ashamed when i notice their obvious
    Britishness in their style of writing and choice of phrases and I HATE that
    they could represent me in the minds of others.

    What idiots.

    Sabineellen, Jul 23, 2004
  12. Kokinho

    Sabineellen Guest

    >> Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
    >> smuggling?

    I don't think it's illegal. You can buy all you want from the France and
    Germany. Not sure about the Channel Islands but I would think it'd be the same.

    Sabineellen, Jul 23, 2004
  13. Kokinho

    dslr Guest

    In article <>, (Sabineellen) wrote:

    >>> Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
    >>> smuggling?

    >I don't think it's illegal. You can buy all you want from the France and
    >Germany. Not sure about the Channel Islands but I would think it'd be the same.

    It's not - the Channel Islands are not part of the EU.

    --
    KRs
    dslr

    dslr, Jul 23, 2004
  14. Kokinho

    dslr Guest

    In article <cdrgpi$eiv$>, (dslr) wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > (Sabineellen) wrote:
    >>
    >>I don't think it's illegal. You can buy all you want from the France and
    >>Germany. Not sure about the Channel Islands but I would think it'd be the

    > same.
    >
    >It's not - the Channel Islands are not part of the EU.

    Sorry meant to be a little clearer - it's not the same, not it's not not
    illegal, if you'll excuse the double negative.

    VAT is not due for purchases from EU states if the goods are for personal
    consumption and VAT has been paid at the relevant rate in the source state,
    however as the CI are not in the EU VAT is payable.
    There is a special exemption for goods from the CI with regards to Import Duty
    but this is different to VAT, for which the only exemption is the same as for
    goods from any non-EU source, i.e below £18 (or £36 if a gift) is allowed
    VAT-free, above those figures and VAT is due.

    Bringing goods into the country without paying the relevant duties/taxes IS
    smuggling, no question about it. Technically, if you import something and
    Customs don't pick it up and bill you for the duties/taxes, you are supposed
    to inform them and ask for the bill ;-)

    --
    KRs
    dslr

    dslr, Jul 23, 2004
  15. Kokinho

    Sabineellen Guest

    >Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.

    One of them is simply an abandoned, man-made, rusting oil rig. I forgot its
    name. But it has a self-proclaimed king and queen, and it issues stamps.

    Sabineellen, Jul 23, 2004
  16. Kokinho

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    Sabineellen <> wrote:

    >>> Since when was legitimately buying something from the Channel Islands
    >>> smuggling?

    >I don't think it's illegal. You can buy all you want from the France and
    >Germany. Not sure about the Channel Islands but I would think it'd be the same.

    France and Germany are EU countries. The Channel Islands aren't (they're
    the last remaining part of the Dutchy of Normandy, and as such are
    officially "posessions of the British Crown", rather than part of the UK.
    The Queen rules them in her capacity as Duke of Normandy, AIUI).

    Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.

    Chris Brown, Jul 23, 2004
  17. Kokinho

    Zebedee Guest

    "Sabineellen" <> wrote in message

    > >Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.
    > >

    > One of them is simply an abandoned, man-made, rusting oil rig. I forgot

    its
    > name. But it has a self-proclaimed king and queen, and it issues stamps.

    I can't remember the name either. It's not an oil rig - it's an abandoned
    WW2 anti-aircraft gun installation in the North Sea.

    Zebedee, Jul 23, 2004
  18. Kokinho

    Tim Smith Guest

    On 2004-07-23, Kokinho <> wrote:
    > The morale of the story is don't buy from 7dayshop!

    Always go to www.resellerratings.com and check out a place there before
    buying. 7dayshop has only 2 reviews there, one good, one bad, so I would
    have not bought from them. I'd stick to places that have a fair number of
    reviews and a high rating.

    --
    --Tim Smith

    Tim Smith, Jul 23, 2004
  19. Kokinho

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <>,
    Sabineellen <> wrote:

    >>Europe has loads of these tiny little statelets with slightly odd status.
    >>

    >One of them is simply an abandoned, man-made, rusting oil rig. I forgot its
    >name. But it has a self-proclaimed king and queen, and it issues stamps.

    This place, you mean?

    http://www.sealandgov.com/

    Chris Brown, Jul 23, 2004
  20. Kokinho

    Sabineellen Guest

    >This place, you mean?
    >
    >http://www.sealandgov.com/

    "By late 1968, the British navy had become aware of the new situation off the
    coast of England. They were interested in terminating the state of affairs
    brought about by an error committed by the most senior military authorities
    without causing too much uproar.

    Units of the navy entered the territorial waters claimed by Roy of Sealand. As
    he was aware of his sovereignty, Roy of Sealand threatened the navy by
    undertaking defensive activity. Shots were fired from Sealand in warning."

    The prick! They should've retaliated and bombed him out of existence.

    Sabineellen, Jul 23, 2004