    webserver on the ipphone is not accessable.

    thanks in advance for any reply!

    //H

    H@rro, Nov 7, 2005

  2. H@rro

    stephen Guest

    "H@rro" <.devslashnull@nospam..signitory.info> wrote in message
    news:436f8990$0$11073$4all.nl...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I bought a refurbished 7960 IP phone on Ebay.com which I recieved today.
    > Plugged it in
    > both on network and power, message about VLAN comes up: so far so good ...
    > Then it
    > stucks at Configuring IP ... runs for long time, no time out nothing, but

    in
    > the mean while I
    > cannot access the phone either ... does anyone have a tip to hard reset

    the
    > phone to
    > factory default of how I can find out which TFTP server it tries to find?
    > (as far as I can see in my DHCP server it has aquiered an ip adress) but
    > also the
    > webserver on the ipphone is not accessable.

    cisco phones can run several different types of code - at least SIP, MGCP
    and a Call Manager proprietary one called "skinny"

    you need to know which type and the version

    the good news is all the cisco docs are on their web site.

    this one might help you get started:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps154/products_tech_note09186a008009485a.shtml

    --
    Regards

    - replace xyz with ntl

    stephen, Nov 7, 2005

  3. H@rro

    TrippyZ Guest

    You need to get tcpdump running so you can see exactly what the phone
    is waiting for. I had just this message today, it proved to be a
    faulty patch cable.

    Additionally, although I am not the comms expert at our site, I was not
    aware that it had a web interface. Are you sure it should?

    Chris

    TrippyZ, Nov 7, 2005
  4. H@rro

    H@rro Guest

    "TrippyZ" <> schreef in bericht
    > Additionally, although I am not the comms expert at our site, I was not
    > aware that it had a web interface. Are you sure it should?

    no :)

    H@rro, Nov 7, 2005
  5. H@rro

    themgt Guest

    On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:21:56 +0000, stephen wrote:

    > "H@rro" <.devslashnull@nospam..signitory.info> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I bought a refurbished 7960 IP phone on Ebay.com which I recieved today.
    >> Plugged it in
    >> both on network and power, message about VLAN comes up: so far so good ...
    >> Then it
    >> stucks at Configuring IP ... runs for long time, no time out nothing, but

    > in
    >> the mean while I
    >> cannot access the phone either ... does anyone have a tip to hard reset

    > the
    >> phone to
    >> factory default of how I can find out which TFTP server it tries to find?
    >> (as far as I can see in my DHCP server it has aquiered an ip adress) but
    >> also the
    >> webserver on the ipphone is not accessable.

    > cisco phones can run several different types of code - at least SIP, MGCP
    > and a Call Manager proprietary one called "skinny"
    >
    > you need to know which type and the version

    If you look at the right end of the black bar along the top of the phone
    display it'll show SIP, a litle phone (MGCP) or blank (skinny).
    Hopefully it'll say SIP.
    The version can be found on the phone menu under Status-->Firmware
    Versions

    themgt, Nov 7, 2005
  6. H@rro

    themgt Guest

    On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 18:06:04 +0100, wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I bought a refurbished 7960 IP phone on Ebay.com which I recieved today.
    > Plugged it in
    > both on network and power, message about VLAN comes up: so far so good ...
    > Then it
    > stucks at Configuring IP ... runs for long time, no time out nothing, but in
    > the mean while I
    > cannot access the phone either ... does anyone have a tip to hard reset the
    > phone to
    > factory default of how I can find out which TFTP server it tries to find?

    Look at the phone menu under 'Network'

    > (as far as I can see in my DHCP server it has aquiered an ip adress) but
    > also the
    > webserver on the ipphone is not accessable.

    It doesn't have a web interface, only telnet and then only if it's been
    enabled.

    themgt, Nov 7, 2005
  7. H@rro

    H@rro Guest

    "themgt" <> schreef in bericht

    > If you look at the right end of the black bar along the top of the phone
    > display it'll show SIP, a litle phone (MGCP) or blank (skinny).
    > Hopefully it'll say SIP.
    > The version can be found on the phone menu under Status-->Firmware
    > Versions

    I connected the phone to another webrouter (not connected to internet) but
    with a
    DHCP server and now I still only get the startupscreen with a TFTP Error,
    still
    no access to the menu's of the phone ... No sign of any of the 3 possible
    versions, how can I find that out? (the **# function as described in the
    Cisco
    documentation doesn't do anything either ...)
    Is it maybe that this phone always needs a TFTP server to download the
    config
    files each time it starts up? If so ... how can I change that?

    //H

    H@rro, Nov 7, 2005
  8. H@rro

    themgt Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 00:00:33 +0100, wrote:

    > "themgt" <> schreef in bericht
    >
    >> If you look at the right end of the black bar along the top of the phone
    >> display it'll show SIP, a litle phone (MGCP) or blank (skinny).
    >> Hopefully it'll say SIP.
    >> The version can be found on the phone menu under Status-->Firmware
    >> Versions

    > I connected the phone to another webrouter (not connected to internet) but
    > with a
    > DHCP server and now I still only get the startupscreen with a TFTP Error,
    > still
    > no access to the menu's of the phone ... No sign of any of the 3 possible
    > versions, how can I find that out? (the **# function as described in the
    > Cisco
    > documentation doesn't do anything either ...)
    > Is it maybe that this phone always needs a TFTP server to download the
    > config
    > files each time it starts up? If so ... how can I change that?

    OK, try switching it on with ethernet disconnected. On my 7940 I get an
    ethernet disconnected message and then pressing the menu button works OK.
    I have the SIP firmware though, I can't remember if this worked with
    the SCCP firmware.

    themgt, Nov 7, 2005
  9. H@rro

    H@rro Guest

    "themgt" <> schreef in bericht

    > OK, try switching it on with ethernet disconnected. On my 7940 I get an
    > ethernet disconnected message and then pressing the menu button works OK.
    > I have the SIP firmware though, I can't remember if this worked with
    > the SCCP firmware.

    thanks, it seems that my phone has no firmware at all, this concluded after
    the phone
    doesn't show anything else then only the startup screen ...

    does anyone have a 'cheap' location for the sip firmware?

    //H

    H@rro, Nov 8, 2005
  10. H@rro

    Ian Guest

    > "themgt" <> schreef in bericht
    >
    > > OK, try switching it on with ethernet disconnected. On my 7940 I get an
    > > ethernet disconnected message and then pressing the menu button works

    OK.
    > > I have the SIP firmware though, I can't remember if this worked with
    > > the SCCP firmware.

    > thanks, it seems that my phone has no firmware at all, this concluded

    after
    > the phone
    > doesn't show anything else then only the startup screen ...
    >
    > does anyone have a 'cheap' location for the sip firmware?

    Try the person who sold you it, I assume it was sold as working wasnt it ?

    Ian

    Ian, Nov 8, 2005
  11. H@rro

    David Guest

    If it gets an IP addr, but can't find the TFTP server, then you probably
    need to set Option 150 in DHCP to point it to the TFTP server. Cisco phones
    do have an inbuilt webserver, which shows a load of detailed help on the
    firmware version etc. Just find it's IP addr and http to it.

    David, Nov 10, 2005
  12. H@rro

    David, Nov 10, 2005
  13. H@rro

    themgt Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:27:28 +0000, David wrote:

    > If it gets an IP addr, but can't find the TFTP server, then you probably
    > need to set Option 150 in DHCP to point it to the TFTP server. Cisco phones
    > do have an inbuilt webserver, which shows a load of detailed help on the
    > firmware version etc. Just find it's IP addr and http to it.

    The 7940 and 7960 most certainly do not have an inbuilt webserver.

    themgt, Nov 10, 2005