    factory default, reset the wep and ssid and rebooted the cisco aeronet
    AP's.

    Any idea.
    Ciscohater, Jun 9, 2006

  2. Ensure that Temporal Key Integrity Protocol ( TKIP ) and Message
    Integrity Check ( MIC ) ( or Cisco KIP and Cisco MIC ) are not enabled
    for the voice VLAN Service Set Identifier ( SSID ) on the AP.

    These features are not supported on the Cisco 7920 wireless IP phone.

    A common AP configuration error concerns Address Resolution Protocol (
    ARP ) caching.

    The phones expect this option to be enabled on the AP, but it is
    disabled by default on the AP.

    For optimal performance, Cisco recommends enabling ARP caching on the
    AP, especially when using Wi-Fi devices capable of power management.

    If you use Cisco Aironet cards, ARP caching is enabled by default, but
    you should ensure that this setting has not been changed by any central
    client management groups.

    To configure ARP caching on the AP, select Services > ARP Caching.
    Issue the "dot11 arp-cache" command for arp-caching in global
    configuration mode.

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...erence_chapter09186a00804e631f.html#wp2574144

    Note: Cisco IOS is required on voice APs because VxWorks no longer add
    new features that are required for successful voice deployments, such
    as ARP caching.

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm
    =?iso-8859-1?q?BradReese.Com=AE_-_Leverage_Your_Ci, Jun 10, 2006

  3. Ciscohater

    Ciscohater Guest

    I followed those ideas and still have no luck. It just says callmanager
    down after using the phone for a few minutes. Only way to get it to
    connect is to power the phone off and then on.
    Ciscohater, Jun 15, 2006
  4. You may wish to investigate Cisco Wireless IP Phone 7920 Release Notes:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/prod_release_note09186a0080216273.html

    as well as the book -

    Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony:

    http://www.ciscopress.com/title/1587050757?aid=dcb9cea5-50c2-44d3-af02-9ab5cc199d74

    Further thought, under the AP Radio Advanced, you may need to set the
    Ethernet Encapsulation Transform to RFC1042 because the phone can show
    up as a generic client and not a CISCO client.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    Cisco Repair
    www.BradReese.Com, Jun 15, 2006
  5. Ciscohater wrote:

    > I have 2 Cisco 7920 phones and they both disconnect from wireless
    > after 2-5 minutes. The only way to get it to connect again is turn
    > phone on and off and then the cycle starts again. I have set the
    > phones to factory default, reset the wep and ssid and rebooted the
    > cisco aeronet AP's.

    Are your access points running IOS? If so, what version(s) are they
    running? Check also the firmware versions on the handsets (under "phone
    settings" in the menu). What we've found here is that 7920s with
    version 1.x firmware don't function correctly (similar symptoms to what
    you're reporting, or they never connect at all) with the newest versions
    of IOS for the access points we use. We have upgraded our handsets to
    firmware version 2.x (and some to 3.x for testing) and that resolved the
    problem for us.

    I hope this helps ...

    Sylvain Robitaille

    Sylvain Robitaille, Jun 21, 2006