7206VXR doesn't like power supplies in bay 2

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by usenet2004@nerdhaven.net, Dec 12, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Last week I was looking at sh env all output on one of our
    VXRs and noticed "Power supply 2 ... Unit is off." I went to
    investagate --- the power switch was on, power cable was firmly
    connected, etc. I concluded the P/S had died for some unknown
    reason, and replaced it with a spare. I was not paying as much
    attention as I should have been at the time, and beyond noting
    the green light coming on on the back of the P/S, did nothing to
    confirm it was actually working.

    A few days later I was looking at sh env all output again and
    saw the same thing. Investigated again, swapped in yet another
    spare (this one pulled ten minutes earlier from a working
    7206). This time I was paying more attention, and saw that
    the green light came on --- and then almost immediately went
    off again. My assumption is that the same thing happened last
    week, and I just wasn't paying enough attention to notice ---
    but it's only an assumption.

    Has anyone ever seen anything like this? and what, if anything,
    can be done to fix it?
    Thanks in advance,

    ---Carl Alexander
    xela AT terc DOT edu