    Systems Administrator
    Sunset Net
    (530) 879-5660 x108

    Tim J. Dunn, Oct 16, 2003

  2. "Tim J. Dunn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I currently have a 7204 with a frame relay connection that has about 100
    > dlci connections, I am planning on moving this router to 3 new circuits,
    > these circuits are 3 DS1 atm circuits. I was looking at the kinda rare
    > PA-A3-8T1/IMA as a solution, My question is, is it possible to configure
    > DLCI's on an ATM interface?
    > --

    Yes, it is called a Frame Relay ATM Interwork. Your telephone frame
    provider
    has to offer Frame over ATM.

    You might consider instead of the PA-A3-8T1, using a PA-A3-T3 enhanced ATM
    DS3 card, then use a Larscom IMA DS3-T1 multiplexor. These are
    rediculously
    cheap on the used market as some of the large Telco's are dumping them.

    Ted

    Ted Mittelstaedt, Oct 16, 2003