    Does anyone know what might be causing this? It's more of an
    annoyance than a problem, but I sure don't want to run into this on
    the CCIE Lab and not have a solution. Thanks.

    ttripp, May 26, 2009

  2. ttripp

    kampioen07 Guest

    On 26 mei, 15:40, ttripp <> wrote:
    > I have a test lab with two 7206VXR routers which I've been using for
    > several months now.  One of the routers is behaving oddly; if I issue
    > a reset command from enable, it will reset, but then hang, failing to
    > load IOS and not responding to the break key.  If I power cycle the
    > router, I get the same thing.  However, if I press the recessed CPU
    > reset button on the front, the router reports the CPU reset and boots
    > up normally.
    >
    > I thought this might be a confreg setting, but I set it to 0x2102, and
    > I get the same issue.
    >
    > As I said, this router used to not do this; it just started doing it
    > recently.  I've not changed the IOS, and my second 7206XVR, which is
    > identical, does not exhibit this behavior.
    >
    > Does anyone know what might be causing this?  It's more of an
    > annoyance than a problem, but I sure don't want to run into this on
    > the CCIE Lab and not have a solution.  Than

    Hi,

    It can be becouse of the boot variables..Maybe you can provide the
    output that you get.

    thanks,

    kampioen07, May 26, 2009

  3. ttripp

    ttripp Guest

    On May 26, 11:10 am, kampioen07 <> wrote:
    > On 26 mei, 15:40, ttripp <> wrote:
    >

    > > I have a test lab with two 7206VXR routers which I've been using for
    > > several months now.  One of the routers is behaving oddly; if I issue
    > > a reset command from enable, it will reset, but then hang, failing to
    > > load IOS and not responding to the break key.  If I power cycle the
    > > router, I get the same thing.  However, if I press the recessed CPU
    > > reset button on the front, the router reports the CPU reset and boots
    > > up normally.

    > > I thought this might be a confreg setting, but I set it to 0x2102, and
    > > I get the same issue.

    > > As I said, this router used to not do this; it just started doing it
    > > recently.  I've not changed the IOS, and my second 7206XVR, which is
    > > identical, does not exhibit this behavior.

    > > Does anyone know what might be causing this?  It's more of an
    > > annoyance than a problem, but I sure don't want to run into this on
    > > the CCIE Lab and not have a solution.  Than

    > Hi,
    >
    > It can be becouse of the boot variables..Maybe you can provide the
    > output that you get.
    >
    > thanks,- Hide quoted text -

    Turns out, the boot image was missing from the bootflash: file
    system. No idea what happened to it, but I just copied from the
    working router to the defective one, and everything's good now.
    Thanks.

    ttripp, May 26, 2009
  4. ttripp

    bod43 Guest

    On 26 May, 19:46, ttripp <> wrote:
    > On May 26, 11:10 am, kampioen07 <> wrote:
    >

    > > On 26 mei, 15:40, ttripp <> wrote:

    > > > I have a test lab with two 7206VXR routers which I've been using for
    > > > several months now.  One of the routers is behaving oddly; if I issue
    > > > a reset command from enable, it will reset, but then hang, failing to
    > > > load IOS and not responding to the break key.  If I power cycle the
    > > > router, I get the same thing.  However, if I press the recessed CPU
    > > > reset button on the front, the router reports the CPU reset and boots
    > > > up normally.

    > > > I thought this might be a confreg setting, but I set it to 0x2102, and
    > > > I get the same issue.

    > > > As I said, this router used to not do this; it just started doing it
    > > > recently.  I've not changed the IOS, and my second 7206XVR, which is
    > > > identical, does not exhibit this behavior.

    > > > Does anyone know what might be causing this?  It's more of an
    > > > annoyance than a problem, but I sure don't want to run into this on
    > > > the CCIE Lab and not have a solution.  Than

    > > Hi,

    > > It can be becouse of the boot variables..Maybe you can provide the
    > > output that you get.

    > > thanks,- Hide quoted text -

    > Turns out, the boot image was missing from the bootflash: file
    > system.  No idea what happened to it, but I just copied from the
    > working router to the defective one, and everything's good now.
    > Thanks.

    Just "by the way". If you choose you can just boot the
    IOS image without bothering to boot the "boot"
    image first. The boot image can be used to either do a
    tftp boot or to load a standard flash based image.

    It's years since I have looked at this stuff but I think I may be
    correct:)

    bod43, May 27, 2009