    Mitch Garvis
    Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
    http://garvis.ca/blogs
    Montreal_MCT, Nov 19, 2008

  2. "Montreal_MCT" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The results for beta exam 70-653 (MCTS: Windows Small Business Server
    > 2008, Configuring) are on the Prometric transcripts. Passed.

    Congrats Mitch!

    (Though I'm a bit bummed... didn't even know the exam was in beta. Must have
    missed an MCP Flash note somewhere.)

    But I'm totally stoked to finally see an actual product certification exam
    on SBS!!

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 19, 2008

  3. Montreal_MCT

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    Hey Lawrence... I just noticed your sig. Cute. Here would be mine: :)

    MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x17), MCSA(x2), MCT

    The bottom line is I'm really only an MCP once... because you are not given
    a new one for each exam.

    Speak soon!

    Montreal_MCT, Nov 19, 2008
  4. "Montreal_MCT" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Lawrence... I just noticed your sig. Cute. Here would be mine: :)
    >
    > MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x17), MCSA(x2), MCT
    >
    > The bottom line is I'm really only an MCP once... because you are not
    > given a new one for each exam.

    True. Although I wish there were some efficient means to indicate that the
    MCPs (Legacy) are in multiple product areas (SQL Server, Windows Server, SMB
    Networking, TCP/IP) -- and, likely, when I finish that fourth exam and pick
    up the MCSA, I'll probably drop the distinction because at that point the
    only "MCP" cert of significance in my portfolio is the SQL Server 2000 cert,
    and even that will go away if I ever get around to taking the -228 and
    completing the MCDBA. (Still got four months! <g>)

    I'm also struggling with ambivalence as to whether or not the MCTS certs
    that are requirements for the MCITP certs should be left out. Strictly
    speaking, I only have one MCTS outside of the collection required for the
    MCITPs.

    And, in general, I'm not fond of listing "lesser included" achievements....
    i.e. that's why there's no B.S. included with the M.S.

    But then... I suppose I could just revert back to the core tags....
    ...MCITP, MCTS, MCP, MCBMSP

    which is probably the more humble of those choices. ;)

    But shucks.... somebody's gotta toot my horn, eh?

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 20, 2008