71-621 : UPG: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterpri

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Confused in NY, Dec 9, 2006.

  1. Confused in NY

    Montreal MCT Guest

    We do not know the answer. I will tell you this: Beta exams are open until
    the number of people they want to reach have registered, and then
    registration is closed. In all this time that you have been worried about
    when the exam ends you have probably missed your opportunity to take it. If
    it is still open then you got lucky and just register for the exam: If you
    can register on the 6th then it was the 12th, if you cannot register on the
    6th then it was the 5th. Period. Move on.

    Montreal MCT, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Agreed. What was I thinking?!? :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 10, 2006

  3. Confused in NY

    Guest

    Montreal MCT wrote:
    > We do not know the answer. I will tell you this: Beta exams are open until
    > the number of people they want to reach have registered, and then
    > registration is closed. In all this time that you have been worried about
    > when the exam ends you have probably missed your opportunity to take it. If
    > it is still open then you got lucky and just register for the exam: If you
    > can register on the 6th then it was the 12th, if you cannot register on the
    > 6th then it was the 5th. Period. Move on.

    > "Lasher" <> wrote in message
    > > "Martins Lorencis" <> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Evening!
    > >> As of yet no one has answered my question about 71-621 beta exam
    > >> availability. In MS e-mail it states that it will be available till
    > >> 5th of January and on MS website it says 12th of January. I`ve also
    > >> sent an e-mail to MS support team, but haven`t received an answer yet.
    > >>
    > >> Also, is any of few available books on Amazon worth buying as a study
    > >> material for exam? Like - Windows Vista for Dummies ? LOL or Windows
    > >> Vista Administrators Pocket Consultant ?
    > >>

    > > Call them on Monday. 800-636-7544.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -Lasher
    > > MCNGP #50
    > > www.mcngp.com > all

    Hi Lasher, when will the registrations close?! Any idea about that??
    If I pass the beta exam will I receive a new welcome kit for MCITP.?
    -Giri,15,MCDST,MCP,INDIA

    , Dec 17, 2006
  4. Confused in NY

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Giri if you pass the exam you will become a MCITP. The registration closes
    when they reach their quota... and there is no getting around that. However
    if you do write the beta exam and pass it, YES you will receive another
    Welcome Kit.

    Montreal MCT, Dec 17, 2006
  5. Confused in NY

    Ray Frangie Guest

    Hi All,

    I completed this exam on Friday, you get 225 Minutes, 180 (3 Hrs) to
    actually do the exam, so it's the same as most of the other Microsoft Exams
    regarding timing.

    The exam has a mix of everything, mainly focusing on upgrading, installing,
    and administering Windows Vista, as well as troubleshooting it, hardware
    compatibility and the like.

    For those that passed MCDST a breeze, and have used Windows Vista since Beta
    days, you shouldn't really find it that difficult to complete. I was out of
    there in 90 Mins.

    The only problem here, is that you need to wait 6 - 8 weeks after the Beta
    Period Ends, which means it may be Late March / Early April, before the
    results are in.

    In any case, Good Luck to all who qualified for this exam.

    Looking forward to hearing your stories about it soon

    Cheers,
    Ray Frangie.

    Ray Frangie, Dec 27, 2006