    question should be of 22 Marks. How come I have not
    received in that fashion. I mean to say does MCSE exams
    also give marks for partially correct Answer.

    Tman, May 20, 2004

  2. Tman

    molsonexpert Guest

    "Tman" <> wrote in message
    news:f99401c43e61$00ca6330$...
    > This week I had appeared and got 669,i.e I failed.
    > I had got 45 Question, so if I divide equally each
    > question should be of 22 Marks. How come I have not
    > received in that fashion. I mean to say does MCSE exams
    > also give marks for partially correct Answer.

    If I understand your question, the answer is: either an answer is correct or
    incorrect; there's no middle ground and no partial marks for partially
    correct answers.

    Hope this helps.

    --
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and clever."

    molsonexpert, May 20, 2004

  3. Tman

    Neil Guest

    "=?Utf-8?B?Ug==?=" <> wrote in

    > You are making the incorrect assumption that the maximum score you can
    > get on the exam is 1000.
    >
    > All MS exams now have a pass mark of 700, but what that is out of
    > (i.e. maximum) is undisclosed. Easier exams will have a maximum lower
    > than 1000, harder exams will have a maximum greater than 1000. We just
    > don't know what that maximum score is.

    and anyone could find this out. the MS site says:

    "Q. What does my score mean?

    A. Beginning with the release of the Microsoft Windows Serverâ„¢
    2003–related exams, Microsoft will provide numerical scores on exams. By
    the end of September 2003, most exams will have the new score report
    format, which includes this numerical score. Microsoft has worked with
    customers and testing industry experts to create an exam scale that would
    be consistent across all exams. The new scale requires a minimum passing
    score of 700 on all exams. The maximum score on the exams will vary
    depending on the complexity of the skills being measured."

    this and more can be found at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/faq/procedures.asp

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30