    are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
    seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

    , Jun 17, 2008

  2. John R Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
    > are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
    > seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

    These are two distinct and different exams. When you contact Prometric to
    schedule them, you can schedule them however you like, but they are not a
    two-in-one deal. You will pay for each exam, and each will have it's own
    time slot, be it on the same day or on different days.

    Good luck to you.

    John R

    John R, Jun 17, 2008

  3. "" <> wrote in message

    > I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
    > are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
    > seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?
    > Checked by AVG.

    It's a matter of personal preference and available seating at your
    testing center.

    I will tell you this just as an observation from my students: Normally
    if a person is scheduled to take 2 exams in the same day and they fail
    the first, there is a good chance they will fail the second. It's
    primarily due to psychology of the mind. You tend to dwell on the first
    failure and not concentrating on the second exam.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    4:30 PM

    Michael D. Alligood, Jun 17, 2008
  4. Roger Guest

    Afternoon all:

    I have signed up for the 70-620 exam for the 2nd of July and have read the
    Microsoft Press Configuring Windows Vista cliet book from front to back.

    Additionally I purchased the Sybex MCTS study guide, which I found very
    different from the Microsoft Press book. The book did not go into detail as
    much as the other and the Cd-Rom questions were more basic, almost to the
    point that it seemed to be a waste of time.

    I have only used Vista for a short period of time, but feel that I will pass
    the exam with no problem.

    I do have MCP for Windows XP, along with Network + and A +.

    For those of you that have taken the exam, is knowing the Microsoft Press
    book enough to pass the exam?

    I quess the biggest problem that I may have is knowing the paths to the
    different areas.

    Thanks for any responses!

    Roger, Jun 24, 2008
  5. "Roger" <> wrote in message

    > Afternoon all:
    >
    > I have signed up for the 70-620 exam for the 2nd of July and have read the
    > Microsoft Press Configuring Windows Vista cliet book from front to back.
    >
    > Additionally I purchased the Sybex MCTS study guide, which I found very
    > different from the Microsoft Press book. The book did not go into detail as
    > much as the other and the Cd-Rom questions were more basic, almost to the
    > point that it seemed to be a waste of time.
    >
    > I have only used Vista for a short period of time, but feel that I will pass
    > the exam with no problem.
    >
    > I do have MCP for Windows XP, along with Network + and A +.
    >
    > For those of you that have taken the exam, is knowing the Microsoft Press
    > book enough to pass the exam?
    >
    > I quess the biggest problem that I may have is knowing the paths to the
    > different areas.
    >
    > Thanks for any responses!
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    > >I am almost set to take these exams leading to MCDST. My question is..
    > > are these exams two in one or it should be taking in two different
    > > seatings? For instance 70-271 in day 1 and 70-272 day 2?

    It's impossible for us to know if you are ready to take this exam. If
    you are very familiar with the objectives listed here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-620.mspx#E4F, then I
    would take the exam. If not, then I would not sit this exam until I
    understood what was being asked of me.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    6/24/2008 8:41 PM

    Michael D. Alligood, Jun 24, 2008